31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not rating him as a world class shot stopper is probably a valid opinion to hold if we are comparing him to the very very best. It’d be wonderful if he was the perfect package but no goalkeeper is.
What he is, is perfect for City and this current era of domination. Pep, I’m sure would not change him for anybody and if you’ve paid attention to the evolution of the team over the last couple of years, neither should any of you.
Thinking he may do better on the odd goal is one thing, having a group of supporters all agree he “contributes nothing” makes me wonder what on earth they have been watching.
They were maybe doing the Poznan for the 98 mins. of play or maybe they were American Football fans expecting him to fulfil the quarter back role. It would be great if those seats were occupied by supporters who appreciated the players we have, maybe our supporters are not the "perfect package" either.

Myself and the people around me (all season card holders) had a discussion at HT yesterday and the opinion if all is that Eddie doesn't contribute anything
When he was pinging the ball wide, he was Hoddle esq, but we don't play that way anymore.
He is a bang average keeper that fails to command his penalty area and if we're not utilising his strength then it's pretty pointless playing him
He was never Hoddle-esque. We adopt different tactics for different games as decided by Pep, so speculative to suggest "we don't play that way anymore" after 4 games.
So average that top level keepers reference him as a role model and many teams have changed their style to copy the City style, how is it possible that top managers recognise the modern role that keeper's fulfil and your discussion group cannot recognise this and appear to remain in the "stick the fat guy between the jumpers to fill the space" mindset. All that money spent on season cards and not appreciating or enjoying the team we have put together seems pretty pointless.

Myself and the people around me (all season card holders) had a discussion at HT yesterday and the opinion if all is that Eddie doesn't contribute anything
When he was pinging the ball wide, he was Hoddle esq, but we don't play that way anymore.
He is a bang average keeper that fails to command his penalty area and if we're not utilising his strength then it's pretty pointless playing him
It's all about opinions. I personally think you and the people around you are talking shite. That's my opinion.

Saying that. What are your opinions,(you and your cliche) of David Silva and Yaya?

It's all about opinions. I personally think you and the people around you are talking shite. That's my opinion.

Saying that. What are your opinions,(you and your cliche) of David Silva and Yaya?
My guess is that they are both great cricketers

Ederson is the Felix of today.
Felix was the Brazil keeper in that fantastic Brazil World Cup Winning team of Mexico 1970. Rarely called upon. Knew his teammates would always score more goals than he would concede.
Who remembers goalkeepers in great sides?? Apart from Bert Trautman.

Ederson should have held it, no debate there, but that didn't force cancelo into the foul, their player took a touch out towards ilthe sideline, the immediate danger to goal wasn't there once he did that, cancelo could and should have just tailed him into a dead end.

2 shots 2 goals is a completely pointless stat. Neither goal was saveable so you're essentially berating him for not having to make routine saves during the game.

There was one minor basic mistake which led to cancelo making an equally minor mistake of his own which resulted in a freekick which led to a freak own goal.
So I’ll ask the question, what mark out of ten do you give him for the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.