31 | Ederson - 2023/24

He’s won everything here and is being offered £600k+ per week.

Only issue is his age, he’s in (or at least coming into) his prime for a goalkeeper, at one of the best clubs in the world playing for the best manager in the world on a handsome wage already - would it be a waste to throw that away?

I personally wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to go. Hope we don’t skimp on the fee for such a vital player who is one of the best in the world in his position.

He’s won everything here and is being offered £600k+ per week.

Only issue is his age, he’s in (or at least coming into) his prime for a goalkeeper, at one of the best clubs in the world playing for the best manager in the world on a handsome wage already - would it be a waste to throw that away?

I personally wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to go. Hope we don’t skimp on the fee for such a vital player who is one of the best in the world in his position.
Yes^^we need to fleece the saudis if he does want to go. If they can pay him 60 mil for 2 years then they can pay us at least 60 mil for him. Don’t pay up, don’t get player

Brazil 1-1 Columbia, a mistake?

1, Alisson Becker

15, João Gomes
yellowcard.e8c48c5fe509a5456ea5.svg
27', Yellow Card at 27 minutes [replaced by
Éderson 73']

EDIT: Different Ederson.

Contrary to popular belief, Ortega is not good enough to be our no.1 for a full season. Losing Ederson would be a huge blow. We’ll be losing one of our main competitive advantages over pretty much every other team in the world. Something that cannot be replaced. He is the best fit in the world for a City goalkeeper under Pep.

Last edited:
I’ve no doubts financially it’s a move that would be impossible to turn down but my point remains.
He would be a hugely significant loss regardless of how much I rate Ortega.
Is anybody arguing anything different?

At 60m to him he is likely a gonna, now we need City to make sure they pay through the nose for him and go out and get the best keeper they can, Ortega is what he is a fantastic back up / cup keeper and I'm glad he re-signed but I wouldn't want him playing 50 games

Is anybody arguing anything different?

At 60m to him he is likely a gonna, now we need City to make sure they pay through the nose for him and go out and get the best keeper they can, Ortega is what he is a fantastic back up / cup keeper and I'm glad he re-signed but I wouldn't want him playing 50 games
I’m not arguing anything, just stating how disappointed I’ll be if he goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.