31 | Ederson - 2023/24

EXCL means he was fed info by the player, meaning the player's agent. He cannot make that claim with just anyone. You may not rate Romano but he's not going to make up something out of thin air. He has the trust of too many insiders to be making up stories. One can question the motive for this being passed onto Romano however. We don't know Ederson's motive...my personal opinion is he wants a new deal and he probably deserves it
I don’t rate or not rate most of football Twitter. It is what it is.

Romano has done as well as anyone out of it.

You’re probably right on why he may have been fed info, but Ederson is a mad bastard, so who knows what’s true.

I don’t feel as nervous as I would have been had Ortega not been around, but I hope he stays.

We’d be forced to go for a number 2 because we’d royally piss off Ortega otherwise. And instead of solving an under appreciated goalkeeper situation, we’d just be creating another.

And for the record, it’d be a significant downgrade. Ortega has been great, but people will realise what we’re missing when he’s our no.1. When our build up isn’t as reliable, when we face more shots without Ederson’s ability to prevent shots from even happening. Ortega saved the 1v1 but then he was also forced to make other saves that Ederson would have come out and nipped in the bud. Ortega was rooted to his line on 3 occasions. Over the course of a season, I’d be willing to bet that shot PREVENTION is better than shot stopping.

When you see the comments online, you understand why Ederson feels like this though. The disrespect is off the charts.

Yeah agree and with Ortega I agree about his goal keeping. He brings the one on one improvement saves but we do lose other attributes, it's why Pep says he is the number 1..

Players see everything that gets said about them on social media, even if they try their best to ignore it. Ederson has been treated like absolute shit by our Twitter ‘fans’ in recent years. They won’t know what we had until it’s gone. He clearly feels under appreciated either within the fanbase, within the club, or both.

While I agree with this sentiment.. any way we slice it.. the facts are he hasn't had the best season personally with injuries and opened the door which gave Ortega a chance.

Ortega took his chance though!

And City will respect his wishes if he wants to leave.

You can't necessarily compare goal conceded stats directly between Ortega and Ederson, unless the rest of the teams are the same, because Ortega largely plays with the lesser players in the squad in the likes of the EFL and dead rubber cup matches. I hope we can keep both keepers.

I agree, hope we keep both.

I think it's fair to compare this season because Ortega has been involved in a fair few PL games including ones with Liverpool (he came on), Spurs (he came on), Arsenal and others. Plus CL games including away at Real Madrid. And the FA Cup you could argue we play weaker opposition which could skew the statistics in his favour. I think it's fairly balanced this year, whilst acknowledging unless they play in an identical team against identical opposition things will always be skewed.

We’d be forced to go for a number 2 because we’d royally piss off Ortega otherwise. And instead of solving an under appreciated goalkeeper situation, we’d just be creating another.

And for the record, it’d be a significant downgrade. Ortega has been great, but people will realise what we’re missing when he’s our no.1. When our build up isn’t as reliable, when we face more shots without Ederson’s ability to prevent shots from even happening. Ortega saved the 1v1 but then he was also forced to make other saves that Ederson would have come out and nipped in the bud. Ortega was rooted to his line on 3 occasions. Over the course of a season, I’d be willing to bet that shot PREVENTION is better than shot stopping.

When you see the comments online, you understand why Ederson feels like this though. The disrespect is off the charts.
Both keepers have their strengths and weaknesses.

Imo Ederson is ice cool and better at distribution and penalty kicks ;-), but he can occasionally come charging out and potentially give a penalty away/red card? In the derby game, (before the Liverpool penalty equaliser), Ten Hag was claiming Ederson should have been penalised, in that instance Ederson's timing was just about OK, but 2 matches with very similar charging out incidents.

For me Ortega is more athletic with better reactions and better judgement in his positioning.

Two excellent keepers, I hope we can find a way to keep them both.

I don’t rate or not rate most of football Twitter. It is what it is.

Romano has done as well as anyone out of it.

You’re probably right on why he may have been fed info, but Ederson is a mad bastard, so who knows what’s true.

I don’t feel as nervous as I would have been had Ortega not been around, but I hope he stays.
I agree. He is a bit "different" and I too hope he stays.

I thought it was interesting at the time when Pep took a question posed to him last week about Ortega to go on about how important Eddy was to the squad, and how without him the Champions League final would have surely been lost again last season.

Interesting indeed, as he finally has a realistic shot to overtake Allison before the 26 World Cup for Brazil.
Moving to the Saudi league and a big step down in competition would really make that harder for him.
Especially if Allison were to continue with Liverpool for the next two seasons.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.