31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Players see everything that gets said about them on social media, even if they try their best to ignore it. Ederson has been treated like absolute shit by our Twitter ‘fans’ in recent years. They won’t know what we had until it’s gone. He clearly feels under appreciated either within the fanbase, within the club, or both.

Players see everything that gets said about them on social media, even if they try their best to ignore it. Ederson has been treated like absolute shit by our Twitter ‘fans’ in recent years. They won’t know what we had until it’s gone. He clearly feels under appreciated either within the fanbase, within the club, or both.

I was one who highlighted his shot stopping ability to be below par for the first couple of seasons. Because it was. Since then - and specifically last season (22/23) onwards - he has been the best all-round goalkeeper in the world IMO.

Nobody better than him with his feet - Neuer maybe - in the world and his presence against strikers/from crosses has been immense too.

Ortega is mint, though, so suddenly the line between Ederson and the ‘second keeper’ has gone a little more blurred than in recent seasons with Bravo and Steffen so maybe just general praise for Ortega has amplified any ill feeling Ederson has had.

I can understand frustration at how the media/fans perceive him but Pep has been loyal to him - aside from cup competitions but that’s been the case since he signed - so I’d be surprised/disappointed if he feels let down by the club just because Ortega is rightfully getting some adoration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.