31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if Romero is 'dirty' or not, but the guy plays with such reckless abandon that it becomes dangerous for other players. I hope Eddy is alright.

Still can't believe the twat only got a yellow.
Apparently - according to some on here - he was entitled to go for the ball.
My view remains the same - it's endangering the player he's "challenging", those are the rules now. No different to Manes challenge a few years back which resulted in a red.

I've only just seen the video that was shot from behind the goal. Scary stuff. And all credit to Bernie for his quick action putting Ederson in the recovery position. As for Romero, he is a dirty fucker. But I don't honestly think he can be blamed for going for that ball. It was a 50/50 ball; I don't think he intended to "do" Eddy. Though only he can answer that.

Apparently - according to some on here - he was entitled to go for the ball.
My view remains the same - it's endangering the player he's "challenging", those are the rules now. No different to Manes challenge a few years back which resulted in a red.

I dont think it was a red, because the ball wasn't as high. It was at a height where going for it with your feet would be normal for an outfield player.

However, for all the "entitled to go for the ball".... Yes he was. But if he doesn't get it, he's entitled to be punished too. A midfielder is entitled to go for a tackle, but if they don't get it, it can be a red card. I don't see why plenty of commentators don't ever equate the two and say that "yes, he was entitled to go for it, but by not getting the ball and hitting the other player late, he might be off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.