31 | Ederson - 2024/25

Well the set piece coach needs to coach it into players! Whoever our set coach is he has been shocking and not worth having him
You don't need a coach to be told about players blocking the GK on his line. I was behind the goal at Maine Road for a game against Leeds and remember Jack Charlton standing on our 'keepers toes (I think it was big Joe?).
And that was probably over 40 years ago!

So you want our goalkeeper to smash people out of the way risking a penalty?

The first corner was a foul, the second was exactly the same so should have been a foul again.
It. Wasn’t. Given. As. A. Foul.

And yes I would. I would much rather that than having a keeper falling over theatrically as soon as there’s a player in his way, especially twice in 5 minutes.

Check his save percentage and expected saves. He’s lower mid table on both and has been since we signed him. He can pick a pass though.
He’s also a huge reason why we’ve had the success we have had since he signed.
It’s not just because he can pick a pass.

He’s also a huge reason why we’ve had the success we have had since he signed.
It’s not just because he can pick a pass.
100% and I’d not swap him for anyone but the reason we normally do so well at set pieces is the sum of the parts, the way they’re drilled by the manager and coach and quality of the team.

Ederson could be a better shot stopper but he rarely makes errors leading to goals. He is normally fairly commanding of his area but in my opinion, he was weak on those two corners, especially knowing who was the ref and who was the VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.