31 | Ederson - 2024/25

He got the free kick from the first one, the second was identical apart from Gabriel scored.
I honestly can’t believe that nobody has made a big deal of this. The two corners were identical with Ederson being blocked by the same player.
The header that went over got called as a foul. The header they scored was allowed to stand.
He wasn’t weak as fuck, he expected the same rules to apply.
He didn’t get a free kick for the first one. We restarted with a goal kick.

He was weak as fuck and yet another game goes by where we concede from the first shot on goal, first two in fact.

Fouled mate
He was fouled

If you are looking for blame then maybe Walker shouldn’t be trying to play Pat a cake with them before letting his man run off
He wasn’t fouled. The arsenal players do not have to move out of his way. He was weak.

He wasn’t fouled. The arsenal players do not have to move out of his way. He was weak.

So you want our goalkeeper to smash people out of the way risking a penalty?

The first corner was a foul, the second was exactly the same so should have been a foul again.

We had too many defenders on the front post for those corners, we needed one or two protecting Ederson but I agree he needs to be stronger in those situations. Also, I thought he was sluggish getting off the ground for the first goal.

What the hell would you have him do? The tactics by whomever coach works on our set pieces should be fired and ultimately left Ederson out to dry. Arsenal probably couldn't believe their luck when we let Martinelli and whoever walked in completely unimpeded to block off Ederson's ability to move. We've watched them do this same schtick for years. Not to mention the God-awful defending by Walker and Doku of Gabriel.

Ederson is last on the list of people to blame.
Spurs tried getting players to push them out of the way last week, just ended up impeding the keeper even more, and even less likely to get the foul.

We should have known what was coming after analysing their past games. They only had 2 corners all game and could easily have had 2 goals. Unless they make it an offence to surround and block off the goalkeeper at set pieces, we will have to find a way around it. Imo we need at least one decent header of the ball at the back post in the zone they are looking to target.

Like the GK sitting down when they want a timeout, Arsenal will bend and exploit the existing rules continually.

Last edited:
He didn’t get a free kick for the first one. We restarted with a goal kick.

He was weak as fuck and yet another game goes by where we concede from the first shot on goal, first two in fact.
The ref blew for a free kick. It might have looked like a goal kick but it wasn’t. I’m not arguing the fact I’d have liked him to be stronger, I agree with you in that respect but he was fouled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.