*329 Seats* Available Via Viagogo - 0 Available Via The Club

Re: *329 Seats* Avaiable Via Viagogo - 0 available Via The Club

dowty said:
jrb said:
GazC said:
Doesn't that figure include season ticket holders that have made their ticket available via viagogo?

Probably, but I would guess not that many.

I appreciate it's n early kick off and on TV, but why would any season ticket holder miss this match, considering it's importance?

Most available seats are in the Colin Bell and East Stand 3rd tiers, with a good amount in the South Stand. Those are normally the areas where matchday seats/tickets re available.
All the tickets are season card holders, viagogo dont get them any other way.

Yes they do.(I stand corrected)

The club sells x amount of tickets to Viagogo, and they sell them on. It's part of the Sponsorship deal. Not all tickets sold on Viagogo are from season ticket holders who can't or don't want to go to the match.

Every time the club advertises the ViaNoGo partnership on Twitter, if you read the replies, it's full of unhappy City fans telling them to F-off.

City are conscious of their public image so I'd hope they sack them off when the contract ends and come up with something better, less tout-ish.

The recent survey about brands included a question about which brands bring up negative feelings. I put ViaNoGo in that, hopefully many others did too. :)

City have the resources to do something better.

Pretty piss poor the amount of season ticket holders who can't be bothered turning up for this key game.

We need to instigate a policy like Bayern, where people lose their season cards if they miss several games in a season.

You'd think with nearly 7000 new City fans wanting season tickets, the club could easily shift those 329 seats on the OS, even at this late stage.

But no, City would Rather let Viagogo sell those tickets.

Firstly. I don't know if this specific seat is a season ticket holders seat or not, or one Viagogo get off the club as part of their sponsorship deal? I picked it at random form the 329 remaining seats.

And here lies the problem.

TMBEgA7.jpg

Surely the club could do it in-house via their ticketing system for a minimal fee. Let's say £2.50-£5.

Everyone's happy.

dowty said:
jrb said:
GazC said:
Doesn't that figure include season ticket holders that have made their ticket available via viagogo?

I appreciate it's n early kick off and on TV, but why would any season ticket holder miss this match, considering it's importance?

Most available seats are in the Colin Bell and East Stand 3rd tiers, with a good amount in the South Stand. Those are normally the areas where matchday seats/tickets re available.
All the tickets are season card holders, viagogo dont get them any other way.
Since we are partnered with them I highly doubt they wont get some tickets via the club

greasedupdeafguy said:
blueparrot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bet some people make shit load by buying a season ticket then selling the seat on viagogo everyweek.

Thought there was a limit to the number you can sell back on viagogo ?
Ah there probably is, never used it personally.
6, I think. I toyed with the idea of getting a season card, but then found out you could only sell on 6. And then only if you're a platinum SC. Wouldn't therefore be worth it for me.

Comments on here that using the bayern system of losing your season ticket for non-attendance. What a load of crap.

I have a season card and have had one for 47 seasons except for 3 when I couldn't afford it.

I get to somewhere between 12-15 home games a season. Monday nights are virtually impossible although for the big big games I will be there(e.g2 seasons ago 1-0 v the reds).

I pay for my season card and have every right to do what I want with it. When I can't get to a game I often "give" it to friends for nothing. If I want to sell it on viagogo I do this too, always setting it at the minimum price I am allowed.

So should I lose my right to a season card because I live 200 miles away and can't get to every game? With all my travel costs (my choice for living down south for the last 25 years) I invest more than most so don't tell me I should lose it just because I can't go to every match.

I've had 4 empty seats next to me for the last 2 games, i don't understand why they are not being sold.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bet some people make shit load by buying a season ticket then selling the seat on viagogo everyweek.

They only get one nineteenth of the season ticket if yer ordinary STs. Viagogo add on the extra.

No they don't. The seasoncard holder puts the ticket on at a price of their choosing (90%-150% of the match day price) and then the fees go on top from there.

jrb said:
GazC said:

We're talking 300 tickets from 36,000 (from memory) season card holders. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that <1% of those, in total, are unable to attend because of prior commitments (work, holidays, weddings, etc) not to mention there will be a further minority that are happy to just watch the game on TV - for whatever reason.

I get the issue though, other fixtures provide much better examples of it - there's no good reason why we need to have a commercial partnership with the likes of Viagogo. It's wrong for any club to try and drive extra revenue at the expense of fans when, in my opinion at least, the price of tickets (even our, when compared to other clubs, season card prices) are relatively exorbitant as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.