37 years without a trophy

M18CTID said:
wodda said:
Yeah they did for one season - why does his little funny flyer say average crowds were 11,000 during the 37 year drought we had

Given that average crowds tend to be measured on a season by season basis, perhaps you can explain to us all what is so wrong in highlighting the fact that during your 37 year stint without winning a trophy your average crowds dropped as low as 11,685?

If whoever knocked that flyer up wanted to really stick the knife in, they could - as Ken The Landlord pointed out - have highlighted the fact that your individual crowds dropped below 4,000. And that was for a top flight league game. And just as a comparison, I'll point out that City's lowest ever league crowd at Maine Road was over double that (8,015)....and that was for a game in the division below your sub-4000 gate vs Middlesbrough in 1931.

Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

wodda said:
de niro said:
alright derr la, fucking scouse as they come(only more obsessed)

can i just say that you've been a decent poster and may i also say our goodbyes now as after we hammer your scum fucking club we wont hear a peep out of you.

xx

I'm not scouse and do actually take a bit of offence to being called such as i'm sure you can appreciate it. I'm not one for coming on here just because United win or because City lose as i'm sure your aware. If there's a topic being discussed that I want to say something about then I do. Come Saturday night/sunday morning i'll either be very happy or very sad, either way I wont be on here I doubt

sorry wodda you got me, i've read it 3 times but you got me.are you coming back after the game or not?

wodda said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Ok, i missed the "s", when typing.

So despite you putting up stats to show that for a season you averaged 11,000, that didn't really happen?

Jeez, if you wanna make a huge poster saying that one season in 1920 or whenever it was United had an average attendance of 11,000 and put it up outside your house please please please do it
So you did then.
TO be fair, you're the dicks for making posters and sticking them up.

de niro said:
wodda said:
I'm not scouse and do actually take a bit of offence to being called such as i'm sure you can appreciate it. I'm not one for coming on here just because United win or because City lose as i'm sure your aware. If there's a topic being discussed that I want to say something about then I do. Come Saturday night/sunday morning i'll either be very happy or very sad, either way I wont be on here I doubt

sorry wodda you got me, i've read it 3 times but you got me.are you coming back after the game or not?

Apologies, my point was in the immediate aftermath probably not, give me a week or two though and you'll hear from i'm sure

wodda said:
M18CTID said:
Given that average crowds tend to be measured on a season by season basis, perhaps you can explain to us all what is so wrong in highlighting the fact that during your 37 year stint without winning a trophy your average crowds dropped as low as 11,685?

If whoever knocked that flyer up wanted to really stick the knife in, they could - as Ken The Landlord pointed out - have highlighted the fact that your individual crowds dropped below 4,000. And that was for a top flight league game. And just as a comparison, I'll point out that City's lowest ever league crowd at Maine Road was over double that (8,015)....and that was for a game in the division below your sub-4000 gate vs Middlesbrough in 1931.

Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Maine Road was for a United match

Wrong!

beep beep beep...

wodda said:
M18CTID said:

wait for it.

wodda said:
M18CTID said:

No, because that's a complete myth. The highest ever attendance at Maine Road was 84,569 for an FA Cup 6th round tie between Manchester City and Stoke City - a record for any English club side that stands to this day.

Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Old Trafford was for a match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Grimsby Town?

M18CTID said:
wodda said:

No, because that's a complete myth. The highest ever attendance at Maine Road was 84,569 for an FA Cup 6th round tie between Manchester City and Stoke City - a record for any English club side that stands to this day.

Does it hurt that the highest ever attendance at Old Trafford was for a match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Grimsby Town?

Not really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.