37 years without a trophy

de niro said:
wodda said:
By the way great picture, must be great to live in a world where you just make stuff up then say it enough times to try and make it true

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.red11.org/mufc/stats/attendances.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.red11.org/mufc/stats/attendances.htm</a>

My maths aint the best but...

a scouse rag, very rare. do you get to the games mr wiles?

I do thanks yeah and i'm not too sure where you've got the scouse bit from, thanks for proving my point about making stuff up though. I'm sure you'll get endless replies of OMG a scouse rag pmsl, lolz etc

KenTheLandlord said:
wodda said:
Yeah they did for one season - why does his little funny flyer say average crowds were 11,000 during the 37 year drought we had

Your right, he should have said your crowds were down to 3,000.

He doesn't use the word average, why did you stick that word in, when it clearly isn't on the flyer.?

Have a read again, I know there's quite a few words in there but give it a few more tries and you might see it

wodda said:
de niro said:
a scouse rag, very rare. do you get to the games mr wiles?

I do thanks yeah and i'm not too sure where you've got the scouse bit from, thanks for proving my point about making stuff up though. I'm sure you'll get endless replies of OMG a scouse rag pmsl, lolz etc

alright derr la, fucking scouse as they come(only more obsessed)

can i just say that you've been a decent poster and may i also say our goodbyes now as after we hammer your scum fucking club we wont hear a peep out of you.

xx

From Wikipedia.

World War I. Competitive football was suspended.

The 1939–40 season was abandoned in September 1939 following the outbreak of World War II. However, a special wartime league was played throughout the war years, with the FA Cup again suspended. Ten regional "mini-leagues" were initially established in 1939 as well as the Football League War Cup which ran six seasons from 1939 to 1945 with West Ham United, Preston North End, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers winning the trophy while in 1943-44 Aston Villa and Charlton Athletic shared the trophy after drawing 1-1. Various leagues and cups were organised throughout the war years for five seasons until the FA Cup resumed in 1945–46. The Football League returned the following season.

There was an eight-year absence from Old Trafford from 1941 to 1949, following the bombing of the stadium in the Second World War.

wodda said:
Dubai Blue said:
So your crowds DID fall to 11,685 during your 37-year drought. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah they did for one season - why does his little funny flyer say average crowds were 11,000 during the 37 year drought we had

Given that average crowds tend to be measured on a season by season basis, perhaps you can explain to us all what is so wrong in highlighting the fact that during your 37 year stint without winning a trophy your average crowds dropped as low as 11,685?

If whoever knocked that flyer up wanted to really stick the knife in, they could - as Ken The Landlord pointed out - have highlighted the fact that your individual crowds dropped below 4,000. And that was for a top flight league game. And just as a comparison, I'll point out that City's lowest ever league crowd at Maine Road was over double that (8,015)....and that was for a game in the division below your sub-4000 gate vs Middlesbrough in 1931.

wodda said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Your right, he should have said your crowds were down to 3,000.

He doesn't use the word average, why did you stick that word in, when it clearly isn't on the flyer.?

Have a read again, I know there's quite a few words in there but give it a few more tries and you might see it

Ok, i missed the "s", when typing.

So despite you putting up stats to show that for a season you averaged 11,000, that didn't really happen?

de niro said:
wodda said:

alright derr la, fucking scouse as they come(only more obsessed)

can i just say that you've been a decent poster and may i also say our goodbyes now as after we hammer your scum fucking club we wont hear a peep out of you.

xx

I'm not scouse and do actually take a bit of offence to being called such as i'm sure you can appreciate it. I'm not one for coming on here just because United win or because City lose as i'm sure your aware. If there's a topic being discussed that I want to say something about then I do. Come Saturday night/sunday morning i'll either be very happy or very sad, either way I wont be on here I doubt

M18CTID said:
wodda said:

Given that average crowds tend to be measured on a season by season basis, perhaps you can explain to us all what is so wrong in highlighting the fact that during your 37 year stint without winning a trophy your average crowds dropped as low as 11,685?

If whoever knocked that flyer up wanted to really stick the knife in, they could - as Ken The Landlord pointed out - have highlighted the fact that your individual crowds dropped below 4,000. And that was for a top flight league game. And just as a comparison, I'll point out that City's lowest ever league crowd at Maine Road was over double that (8,015)....and that was for a game in the division below your sub-4000 gate vs Middlesbrough in 1931.

*Cringe*

KenTheLandlord said:
wodda said:

Ok, i missed the "s", when typing.

So despite you putting up stats to show that for a season you averaged 11,000, that didn't really happen?

Jeez, if you wanna make a huge poster saying that one season in 1920 or whenever it was United had an average attendance of 11,000 and put it up outside your house please please please do it

M18CTID said:
wodda said:

Also, don't forget the Burton 500, which was also a first class game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.