3rd Round Challenge Cup Draw - Sheff Wed at home.

Bearing in mind it could be 4 games in 9 days, I expect lots of rotation over the Xmas period.

I think we will see full strength side out against West Brom, 4/5 changes for Burnley, 4/5 changes for Sunderland and same again for Sheff Wed.

Pozo could well get a start in the last game.

Decent draw at home to Sheff Wed. If the club do good tickets prices it could be full.

I want us to win this again, so chance to push on to Round 4 if we approach the game correctly and do not go 2 down by half time as we did v Watford last year.

Lampard to start in this game and possibly also Toure before he goes off to the Africa Nations Cup.

Likely TV games Everton v West Ham, Arsenal v Hull, Sunderland v Leeds, AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool

Come on Accrington or Yeovil. Yeovil would be a shorter trip for Utd fans as of course Southampton in the league last night was.

PinkFinal said:
Hope none of those ties [eg rags, Dover - Palace, Blyth - Brum] get switched to the bigger stadium, nothing like big time Charlies having to scrap it out in the middle of nowhere on some crap pitch in the middle of winter.

I don't think they're allowed to switch the tie anymore. Which is good.

Kompany is King said:
Good chane for Pozo to play again. Maybe Angelino at left back?
think we have to be careful making 2 many changes
last year we took Zabba and Kompany out v Watford and were 2 nil down at half time before bringing them on then think both out v Wigan and lost

Was hoping for a draw like this, Champ team at home. Been saying all season gonna take the lad to his first game if the draw was ok. Can't wait!

xgorton said:
The Light Was Yellow said:
baildon blue said:
Really boring draw for City .
Played Sheffield Wenesday loads of times in the F.A
The Rags got a more exciting draw either Yeovil or Accrington away .

Loads of times? 1904, 1934 and 2007. We won it in two of those years as well.
Record attendance at Hillsborough 72,820 weds v City 5th round fa cup 1934 City went on and won the cup.Wonder how many City fans were there that day.

Just read a report of that game in Gary James book -"Manchester - the greatest City". An Uncle of mine went and I remember him saying 35/40,000
City fans went that day. It was a 2-2 draw. Replay on Wednesday, and thousands took time off work - incredible attendance of 68,614 - 2-0 to City.
6th Round Stoke at home - history made - 84,569 - 1-0 to City. Semi at Huddersfield against Villa, who were favourites for the cup - 6-1 to City who were determined to return to Wembley. Lost in 1933 to Everton. - Final 2-1 to City vs. Pompey.
It is amazing that even in those days, people were crushed, and barriers gave way. One player is quoted as saying when the teams came out of the tunnel onto the pitch(at Sheffield) casualties were being treated in the tunnel.

xgorton said:
The Light Was Yellow said:
baildon blue said:
Really boring draw for City .
Played Sheffield Wenesday loads of times in the F.A
The Rags got a more exciting draw either Yeovil or Accrington away .

Loads of times? 1904, 1934 and 2007. We won it in two of those years as well.
Record attendance at Hillsborough 72,820 weds v City 5th round fa cup 1934 City went on and won the cup.Wonder how many City fans were there that day.

cleavers was.

Bluep*ss said:
It is amazing that even in those days, people were crushed, and barriers gave way. One player is quoted as saying when the teams came out of the tunnel onto the pitch(at Sheffield) casualties were being treated in the tunnel.

Yes there was at least one death. Swift talked of this as well. Yet it took 50 odd years and a major disaster at Hillsborough before people started to seriously look at the venue and ground safety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.