4-6-0

buckshot said:
citymacc said:
What about bringing Guidetti back from Celtic?

This seems to make too much sense. At the very least he'd give them some sort of target and we'd finally get to see when he could do in the PL. Plus, there's always the slim chance that he really responds to finally getting his chance and City catch lightning in a bottle.

Pretty sure Guidetti is on a season long loan, and doubt there's an option to recall him given that his contract expires next summer.

buckshot said:
citymacc said:
What about bringing Guidetti back from Celtic?

This seems to make too much sense. At the very least he'd give them some sort of target and we'd finally get to see when he could do in the PL. Plus, there's always the slim chance that he really responds to finally getting his chance and City catch lightning in a bottle.

He didn't look too convincing for us in pre season, and we are better off in letting him stay at Celtic where is settled.

I think we have to try this next game. Pozo looks a good prospect but he's not a striker and him playing upfront on his own just isn't working, he's not involved with play enough and we may as well be playing with 10 men.

Clichy has been in the form of his life recently but Kolarov has to come in for him. we are going to need our fullbacks to offer us something in attack and with 6 in midfield there should be plenty of cover for both fullbacks to be pushed right up. Use the wings to get behind them and make sure we have a few midfielders arriving in the box. Will need to drastically up our passing tempo if it is to work though.

I think we should continue with Pozo as I'd like us to show significant faith in a young player. Would be a bit of a blow to a kid to say "actually, we'd rather play with no strikers than have you up there". I reckon Pozo will score v Palace if he starts. I can feel it in my bones!

We could re-unite the 2 Spanish Daves.

Pretty sure Villa could do a job for us short term, he could get match fit and start building an understanding with Fat Frank. Win win.

Arsene would be very supportive of the move as well :-)

Kolarov, Navas and Zabaleta must play.

But especially Navas, otherwise we have no one to take us up the pitch.

The game was crying out for him today.

When I saw the thread title I thought I was on a British Rail steam engine forum (one for the older members of the forum)

tweety said:
Play Yaya as centre forward, simples. He's good enough.

He does a great job when pushing from midfield and bulldozing everyone in his way. But as an out and out striker, it is a different matter with less space and a CB marking him most of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.