4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can’t get on the pitch for Rodri when we’re 3-0 up at home, then it’s already curtains for him. In the second half we weren’t able to stop them playing through our midfield at times, you’d have thought it was the kind of situation he’s here for. Pep is clearly done with him. I’d love to know what exactly he’s done (or not done) to be hated this much by Pep.
I don't believe he will be hated by Pep. I do believe that Pep thinks he just isn't good enough to play the role he wants him to play. A rare poor purchase.

I get what people are saying about him not getting minutes yesterday, I've been saying similar for a while myself but don't think yesterday was as ideal as first glance would suggest for him.

Rodri played a very specific formation yesterday, it's not something you throw Phillips into blind, he had to come in in his natural position, to do that would have meant bringing on a 4th defender perhaps gomez who also needs minutes to go to a back 4 then bringing off Rodri. That's something that could have been an option but once Erling had the knock and dias was on a yellow it made more sense to bring those two off instead. I think making 4 subs at halftime is too much change even at 3-0.

a shambolic waste of money.

£40m… maybe it won’t work out. If not, you’re not confident we could command that fee if we sell him? If we can (which I think we could), then it’s not a waste. Just something that has not worked out.

If we can (which I think we could), then it’s not a waste. Just something that has not worked out.
Even if we got back our 40M, yes it is still a waste of money because we are already paying for his wages, we paid the agent fees and the signing on bonus. Lets say he goes to West Ham, I honestly doubt they would be willing to pay him the same wages his getting over here, which in turn could be a problem for us if KP plays hard-ball concerning the wages, either we would have to cover the difference or sell him for less than 40M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.