4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean a 'dislike' button :-) But I agree with your point about not giving new signings time to settle in. I'm fairly sure there were a few of us who were writing off Rodri in his first season too.

My main concern with Phillips is the deer in the headlights aura he has currently at the club where he's simply happy to be in the squad. Compounded by the perceived lack of professionalism in not getting himself 'Pep' fitness ready isn't the best start to his City career.

I suspect similar to Jack during his time at Villa, there were less strenuous fitness regimes (well at least for the star players) at Leeds in comparison to what Pep expects from his players at City. Looks like an individual who needs guidance & to be reminded of the pathway required.However, I do think if given the chance he's seems to be a positive character to battle & take on the challenge.
I can't say that I dislike this post!

Sergio has said that he got a rollocking from Pep for his weight too. Granted, he had 'money in the bank' but this is not new, Pep is a hard taskmaster and some players just need time. We have a terrible history of some fans castigating new players, only for those players to prove those fans wrong. In my view, it isn't difficult: support all our players until they leave, or do harm to the club with their actions and words.

Why did we buy him?
He's a good player, and £40m was a good price.

He's had injuries and seemingly self-inflicted fitness issues, but he's performed well at PL level in a Bielsa team whose football was similar to our own and in an England team at a major tournament.

It is likely that he will come good.

We can't really judge him yet. I just hope he can keep injury free long enough for us to see him get a sustained period in the team.

Honestly think he looks good whenever he comes on. He looked a bit unfit and half a yard off it just after World Cup but he looked much leaner for the last 5 minutes there.

Hopefully he just needed a bit of a reality check that he's going to have to work hard for his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.