4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck is going on with this lad. A game against enthusiastic strugglers sandwiched between a massive top of the table clash and an away CL knockout tie should be his milieu. If he’s not trusted for Forest away he’s not worth having.

Slowly but surely another season is unfolding where we’re having to run Rodri into the ground. We’ve made a mistake with Phillips - maybe it’s his attitude maybe he just couldn’t make the step up but let’s cut our losses and get someone in who can do the job.

We signed a very capable player,one who was more than able to deputise in games like the one against Forest,so i'm not sure what the fuck is going on now.

And why would he be on the bench if Pep has no intention of using him properly? we may as well have an up and coming academy kid.

This season.....the tactics,the decisions,the use of subs,the alleged unrest.....its all very bizarre.

We signed a very capable player,one who was more than able to deputise in games like the one against Forest,so i'm not sure what the fuck is going on now.

And why would he be on the bench if Pep has no intention of using him properly? we may as well have an up and coming academy kid.

This season.....the tactics,the decisions,the use of subs,the alleged unrest.....its all very bizarre.
I think he’s on the bench literally just to make up the midfield numbers. If Tommy Doyle wasn’t at Sheff U he’d be on the bench and probably getting more game time than Phillips.

Sometimes players make big money moves and they just don’t have the mental wherewithal to impose themselves at their new club. Maybe technically he’s just unable to do what he needs to do in training to earn Pep’s trust. I don’t know what it is but it’s obviously a mistake and one we need to put right in summer. A new left back can wait, we’ve got Europe’s best DM by a mile but he has to play way too many games and we need an able deputy for him - Doug Luis maybe ??

I think he’s on the bench literally just to make up the midfield numbers. If Tommy Doyle wasn’t at Sheff U he’d be on the bench and probably getting more game time than Phillips.

Sometimes players make big money moves and they just don’t have the mental wherewithal to impose themselves at their new club. Maybe technically he’s just unable to do what he needs to do in training to earn Pep’s trust. I don’t know what it is but it’s obviously a mistake and one we need to put right in summer. A new left back can wait, we’ve got Europe’s best DM by a mile but he has to play way too many games and we need an able deputy for him - Doug Luis maybe ??
Rodri is too good which is why Pep can't drop him. Pep used to play Busquets 60+ times a season, Lahm and Alonso at Bayern also.

Probably the reason Lavia left, he knew he was never getting that position.

There may be other factors also and who knows, Phillips this time next year might be flying. The latest in a line of players that need 12mths to get up to speed.

Its far too early to write him off,so unless we get an amazing opportunity.....then he will still be here next season,which may or may not hinder us.

If i had a choice,id be looking at Moses Caicedo or bringing Lavia home.

Luis is not good enough.

Its far too early to write him off,so unless we get an amazing opportunity.....then he will still be here next season,which may or may not hinder us.

If i had a choice,id be looking at Moses Caicedo or bringing Lavia home.

Luis is not good enough.
Brighton negotiate like Daniel Levy though, what we looking at for Moses - £70m ??

What the fuck is going on with this lad. A game against enthusiastic strugglers sandwiched between a massive top of the table clash and an away CL knockout tie should be his milieu. If he’s not trusted for Forest away he’s not worth having.

Slowly but surely another season is unfolding where we’re having to run Rodri into the ground. We’ve made a mistake with Phillips - maybe it’s his attitude maybe he just couldn’t make the step up but let’s cut our losses and get someone in who can do the job.
I said that and got lambasted

If only we had someone in the academy who was pl ready.. remember that lavia kid who's now bossing southamptons midfield week in week out...

Piss poor decision from the board to get rid of him and spunk 40 mil on phillips.

If only we had someone in the academy who was pl ready.. remember that lavia kid who's now bossing southamptons midfield week in week out...

Piss poor decision from the board to get rid of him and spunk 40 mil on phillips.

We should obviously pinch data on players from better informed clubs.

This is his first season and he had shoulder surgery ,why are people writing him off already
His shoulder issue was fixed before the World Cup hence why southgate took him on the plane. So i'm not having that one sorry

He basically had a 4 week holiday in Qatar and came back overweight and unfit.

This is Premier League champions Manchester City he's playing for now, maybe he would've got away with that at Leeds, but not here. Simply not good enough and don't think he has a leg to stand on really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.