4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interested to see his numbers tonight. Seemed to be all over the pitch (in a good way) with interceptions and quick, measured passing.

Seemed like he belonged there tonight rather than being a competition winner.

Godri is levels above - probably my favourite player to be honest - but it was a welcome surprise seeing Phillips passing it forward and quickly tonight.

Last edited:
Be interested to see his numbers tonight. Seemed to be all over the pitch (in a good way) with interceptions and quick, measured passing.

Godri is levels above - probably my favourite player to be honest - but it was a welcome surprise seeing Phillips passing it forward and quickly tonight.
Yes, he was a lot better tonight. He should feel more confident after that performance. Let's not go overboard. He's still got a lot of work to do and a long way to go, but we asked for an improvement and we got it.

I thought he was decent enough tonight. Only thing that worried me was when the game got fast-paced for a few mins in the 2nd half, he looked a prime candidate for collapsing out on the pitch. Hopefully it’s just lack of match-fitness. Much improved. More needed.

If he shows the same rate of improvement next time he starts we'll have a world beater.
An OK performance and a massive improvement on his Southampton outing.

Excellent. That's exactly what Pep would have been looking for. Comfortable on the ball, used it well and swept up well when neccesary. Couldn't have asked for more. Only minor criticism is I want to see him being stronger than that however you have to remember he's just missed practically 18 months of football with a shoulder injury, it's completely natural not to want to start throwing his weight around with it straight away if it's not completely neccesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.