4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give at least 12 months before judging with the way we play.
Nah, sorry. Honestly I thought he'd be a good signing. For Leeds he was all action, spraying the ball around.

Players that need time to adapt you can see, because they show something, anything. You can tell they have the ability, just things aren't quite clicking or whatever.

He just looks completely and utterly lost.

He's hardly played so impossible to judge him...but he was very good under Bielsa...

I just think Pep would have played him more if saw enough in training.

Pep has had more than enough opportunities to play him yet chosen not to, which isn't a good sign at all.

At least with Grealish for example, he persisted with him last season and gave him opportunities.

Just think these last couple of injuries have maybe taken something away from him, whether it's psychological I don't know.

Also, not every player can cope with moving up to that elite level. The demand on the player is completely different to that of a player playing for a team like Leeds.

I have zero confidence in Kalvin, and I suspect that's something he and I share.

He does not make himself open for receiving the ball, his movement is poor... its like he hides behind other players hoping to not get involved.

Everyone gets the first season, but I dont think anyone under pep who ended up turning it around were as bad as phillips has been in his first year

Makes Gerry Creaney look like a good buy this bloke.

In fact he’s so slow he makes Gerry Creaney look like Jesus Navas on speed.

He showed exactly why Guardiola hasn’t played him today - he’s simply nowhere near good enough.

I just think Pep would have played him more if saw enough in training.

Pep has had more than enough opportunities to play him yet chosen not to, which isn't a good sign at all.

At least with Grealish for example, he persisted with him last season and gave him opportunities.

Just think these last couple of injuries have maybe taken something away from him, whether it's psychological I don't know.

Also, not every player can cope with moving up to that elite level. The demand on the player is completely different to that of a player playing for a team like Leeds.

He's clearly had trouble adjusting but the idea that he is a dreadful footballer as shared by many on this forum is simply ridiculous.. Maybe he won't make it but I would think it's too early to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.