4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays at walking pace, you’d think he’d put some effort in after getting paid a fortune for doing bugger all.

Send him back to Leeds and get a full refund please.

If he stays I hope he turns it around next season, I really do, but I can't see it tbh, he's not doing any of the things he needs to do well and unlike others who've taken time to settle, Guardiola doesn't seem interested in him, understandably so imo.

I just think Pep would have played him more if saw enough in training.

Pep has had more than enough opportunities to play him yet chosen not to, which isn't a good sign at all.

At least with Grealish for example, he persisted with him last season and gave him opportunities.

Just think these last couple of injuries have maybe taken something away from him, whether it's psychological I don't know.

Also, not every player can cope with moving up to that elite level. The demand on the player is completely different to that of a player playing for a team like Leeds.
Its much easier to play a winger in their position than a CDM especially in a Pep team. That's why he needs more time

He's clearly had trouble adjusting but the idea that he is a dreadful footballer as shared by many on this forum is simply ridiculous.. Maybe he won't make it but I would think it's too early to say...

I agree mate, I don't think he is dreadful by any means.

He has more than enough quality.

I personally think the step up has been too much and maybe the injury early on in the season prevented any form of momentum to develop.

However, I didn't like the early signs after the world cup when Pep publicly called him out for his weight in Decemeber. That was not a good sign for me .

Not even close enough to being City material.

If he is this terrible against the 19th placed team in the league.. god help us if he plays against the top half of the table.

A new backup for Rodri is #1 target for the off season now..

Hope City don't left back this!

Absolutely fucking shocking. be lucky to play another minute after that.

does he suffer from imposter syndrome? He isnt as bad as hes been for us.

Usually HM takes a long time to master in this team but Phillips seems to be miles off the pace. It's a shame because there was a lot of excitement around him.

If he stays I hope he turns it around next season, I really do, but I can't see it tbh, he's not doing any of the things he needs to do well and unlike others who've taken time to settle, Guardiola doesn't seem interested in him, understandably so imo.
He won’t be making it with us. He is shite. Diabolical signing. I really hope he doesn’t risk him next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.