4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A complete liability again, and thought his iterview was a bit weird when he was laughing about how shit he was. That said, we've seen players struggle to settle initially a lot of late, and there can't be any doubt that he isn't playing anywhere near what he's capable of. Just keep your fingers crossed Rodri stays fit in the meantime

Id be happy if he just showed for a pass, its a basic skill, pass and move.
He passes and then just stands still behind the opposing player, not giving an out to the player he passed to & putting them under pressure, eventually he moves but its all too late.
Like i said, its basic stuff, not just genius stuff from Pep he doesnt understand.

Too much surgery needed this summer for him to be shifted. Pep ain’t losing 3/5 midfielders this summer. Maybe if Gundo stays, Lavia comes back and Bellingham replaces Bernardo.

Needless to say, Rodri showed glimpses, as did Ake. Even Grealish. Phillips has shown absolutely nothing

What Pep sees and it's a lot more in every sense than anyone calling people know nowts is what counts now.

Kalvin himself said yesterday that he is still learning how to play in this team and he has had very little time where all the players around him are our first choices; those minutes, are exactly the best for him to improve in so we have to some degree a chicken and egg situation.

He can pass but he has had no chance to get his rhythm going.

I don't know if things will change but he is clearly a good guy and he plays for City. I think he cares and comments to the contrary are wide of the mark. So for as long as he is here, I will hope he can find his best form and make a contribution: if he can't, we could be stuck with a player because no one suitable will give him the wages he is getting or the transfer fee to help cut our losses. We need his form to improve or make a quick sale in the summer.
I agree, but Pep will know what player is in there and will either think there is a player and with a summer and pre season he can bet that player out, or there isn’t.He must have believed that before we bought him, so I think that’s the most likel as he’s rarely wrong about midfielders.
Of course there is a possiblity we got it wrong with him and we try to move him on, but that judgement won’t be made on what we see in his few minutes in games it will be made from what Pep sees every day on the training pitches.

Reactions: OB1
Id be happy if he just showed for a pass, its a basic skill, pass and move.
He passes and then just stands still behind the opposing player, not giving an out to the player he passed to & putting them under pressure, eventually he moves but its all too late.
Like i said, its basic stuff, not just genius stuff from Pep he doesnt understand.
So do you think he can’t do basic stuff and when he played at Leeds he couldn’t do it but Pep couldn’t see that he couldn’t even do the basics ? The man who knows more about midfield and midfielders than just about anybody in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.