4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now or never for him.

During the post game interviews on BT Sport you could see our subs doing a session on the pitch in the background and he was the only one who was turning round a few times with a grin on his face to look at the panel as they were waffling on. It’s a small thing and on its own it’s irrelevant but when added to his general conduct and demeanour and sub par performances it carries a bit more weight

If he doesn’t start on Saturday I think it’s very safe to say his future lies elsewhere next season.
He has to play, especially if Rodri is carrying an injury as reported, time he stepped up and he will never have a better chance than this weekend.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting line up tomorrow. I haven't seen anything since the southampton carabao cup debacle to suggest that it wouldn't be anything else but another horror show

It would be nice to rest Rodri but Philips can't be relied on at this stage. I think Rodri will do at least the first half

I still wouldn't write Philips off fully yet though. We've seen a lot of players struggle in the first season or so and Rodri was bobbins for a while when he joined. It's a tough position for us, but the performances have been worryingly poor so far, but I'm still being patient for now

He has to play, especially if Rodri is carrying an injury as reported, time he stepped up and he will never have a better chance than this weekend.

I feel the same.

My fear,based on his lackadaisical approach so far,is he will not have the same appetite or desire as the Blades midfield.

There should be a Captains mentality in Philips,he should be setting the tone and rallying the cause......yet all we have seen so far is the polar opposite.

All the Blades have is physicality and heart,we need to ensure we have enough character in the 11 to ensure that doesn't cause an upset.

Last edited:
Now or never for him.

During the post game interviews on BT Sport you could see our subs doing a session on the pitch in the background and he was the only one who was turning round a few times with a grin on his face to look at the panel as they were waffling on. It’s a small thing and on its own it’s irrelevant but when added to his general conduct and demeanour and sub par performances it carries a bit more weight
i can forgive poor performances, but the casual attitude is fucking annoying

I want him to start tomorrow and work his bollocks off. If he is slacking, there might be no more chances for him to impress, and he will be 28 later this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.