4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, against Sheffield, 3-0 lead, 70 mins, the main players need rests, no Rodri, and still nowhere see him. Really concerning for him.

-----------
Update: OK, see him now at 75 mins, still quite concerning.

Man, against Sheffield, 3-0 lead, 70 mins, the main players need rests, no Rodri, and still nowhere see him. Really concerning for him.

-----------
Update: OK, see him now at 75 mins, still quite concerning.
Yup agree with this. We haven't really seen enough to judge him but Pep sees him regularly and still doesn't trust him till the 75th minute against a championship team.

Doesn’t look promising his future at City.

But a positive slant is that it’s his first season, he’s had injuries, it’s hard to break into our brilliant side, and the likes of Mahrez, Akanji etc have been written off on here.

Next season will see the answer. He will either be sold, sink or swim.

Doesn’t look promising his future at City.

But a positive slant is that it’s his first season, he’s had injuries, it’s hard to break into our brilliant side, and the likes of Mahrez, Akanji etc have been written off on here.

Next season will see the answer. He will either be sold, sink or swim.
probably wouldn't be here next season.

Short cameo against a demoralised side, but I did think he was a bit more proactive and took up some good positions to receive the ball.

It’s been hard going for him this season, so I am reserving my judgement until next season. If he stays, of course.

I still do question our scouting and transfer team’s choice to bring him in when we did, though, given the recurring shoulder issue was well known before we signed him.

I think part of the problem is that everyone expects him to come on and be an immediate and direct replacement for Rodri. We saw today, however, that he looks far more comfortable playing in a midfield two with someone like Gomez. Maybe we need to give him more such games and then see if he can develop sufficiently to play the other role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.