4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggest a few on here go have a read of the Rodri 20/21 performance thread to see how shit he was. Turned out OK though.
Get what you're saying, but Rodri was playing Champions League football at Atletico, and had been part of the squad that won the Super Cup.

If anything, it just took him a year to find his feet here.

You have to be a bit of a twat to go digging out a player in a game where theres widespread changes and the sole aim is to not get injured, and an even bigger one when the player in question did his role perfectly adequately. One of the better performers in a game that was expected to be played like an exhibition game and indeed was.

Get what you're saying, but Rodri was playing Champions League football at Atletico, and had been part of the squad that won the Super Cup.

If anything, it just took him a year to find his feet here.
Think you read it the wrong way or I wasn't clear I was saying he was getting pelters

Think you read it the wrong way or I wasn't clear I was saying he was getting pelters
Sorry mate, you're right!

Just seen a lot of people use the cliche of Rodri needing a year, but it was obvious he was a top player and had played at the highest level.

The jury is out on whether Phillips can even be good enough to be a squad player here.

You have to be a bit of a twat to go digging out a player in a game where theres widespread changes and the sole aim is to not get injured, and an even bigger one when the player in question did his role perfectly adequately. One of the better performers in a game that was expected to be played like an exhibition game and indeed was.
Exhibition game ?

I’m a massive twat but thought he played well.

I am not totally against giving Phillips a clean slate for next season. It is finding that level that convinced us that he would be a good fit that is the catch.

Solid game. Still looks a little pedestrian, but it’s that languid style that looks lazy that makes him look that way. Felt he moved the ball well, but does walk when a slightly quicker or sharper movement might open up the angle for him or the passer to create an extra option.

Think he is a solid lad with a good future in the game if he stays fit. Next season will determine if that is with City or not, unless as €50M+ offer comes in for him this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.