4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What awards ?
Most City players would kill for his Awards Cabinet and International Caps! Being a twat and a player are not mutually exclusive, as we have seen from many, many players over the years…many of them in red!!!
The only award he has won this season is first player on the pitch to celebrate with the goal scorer ,not remotely at the level required at present,to think he was brought in to give rodders a break ,he's had stones ,Lewis and gundog all used ahead says it all ,shame we didn't sign him from Argos FC then we could of taken him back

What awards ?

The only award he has won this season is first player on the pitch to celebrate with the goal scorer ,not remotely at the level required at present,to think he was brought in to give rodders a break ,he's had stones ,Lewis and gundog all used ahead says it all ,shame we didn't sign him from Argos FC then we could of taken him back
Hmmmm….

IMG_1336.jpeg
Keep up…and that’s just with your own comments! HAHAHA!
;-)

Fuckin hell so is Harry Maguire
So Phillips has gone through a match blowing nightmare of a spell on the pitch like Maguire has? Costing his team games with some of the most ridiculous blunders ever seen in the Prem. I must have missed that in its entirety...my bad...

I think he will contribute more, playing that "Stones role", judging by his pace and skills with the ball.

Rodri position isn't gonna happen, so we will need cover there definitely.

But as a "false centre-back" or whatever that new position is called in this system - I think will suit him..

And it's important because from our current centre-backs, no one is able to play that position well, except Stones.
Ruben has his duties, Akanji, Walker and Ake are better as RCB / LCB-s, so there is space available for Kalvin..

For Rodri's role - we can use Gundo, Rico has skills, maybe someone new will arrive as well..

Going to be interesting to see how he develops. In recent seasons, we’ve let Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa’s player of the season) and Romeo Lavia (arguably Southampton’s player of the season) ‘leave’, both of whom have attributes and strengths that are not dissimilar to Phillips’, so those in power clearly think he can still go up a level. Always think you need 10 consecutive appearances in our squad to feel settled and can then be properly judged, and it doesn’t hurt to have to bounce back from adversity in one of those games either. He hasn’t managed that run of games this season, for various reasons, so will have to postpone judgment for now.

Think he will improve a lot next season. It’s very difficult to integrate into a pep team especially if you have had numerous injuries and had Rodri ahead of you. Aswell as the rise of Rico Lewis and John Stones playing in midfield.

Personally I think he has a good mentality and definitely has a lot of talent. If he gets a run of games he will be much better. I think he’ll improve for sure. Look at the difference in Grealish. It might be that he plays a slightly different position to imagined in more of a defensive role who knows? He will benefit from having a pre-season for sure.

He clearly had the talent playing from England and I think he has displayed a good attitude and desire. Like what we have seen from Ake, doesn’t get too disappointed when he doesn’t play but is motivated to take his opportunities.

Unfair to judge him on the Brentford game , it was a depleted side and devoid of any attacking intent in the second half , would like to see him slot into our full strength team from the start of a game , hope he has an injury free pre-season and is at 100% for the start of the new campaign.
We can then judge him , its not easy making your mark on the best footballing team in the world , so he deserves another season to stake his claim.

His long-range passing and through balls are excellent every time he plays, and even against Brentford, he made 5 of those. Add to that a couple of clearances and interceptions, and he did well based on the circumstances. He deserves another season, but whether Pep gives it to him is a whole other subject.

Going to be interesting to see how he develops. In recent seasons, we’ve let Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa’s player of the season) and Romeo Lavia (arguably Southampton’s player of the season) ‘leave’,
Did we actually let Luiz leave? I thought the problem was getting a work permit and Villa could do it because their lower overall pay scale allowed Luiz to be higher up it and so get the permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.