4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we actually let Luiz leave? I thought the problem was getting a work permit and Villa could do it because their lower overall pay scale allowed Luiz to be higher up it and so get the permit.
Reportedly we had a buyback we could have triggered for something like 15-25 mil. Can’t remember the exact figure but think it was the lower end of that.

Did we actually let Luiz leave? I thought the problem was getting a work permit and Villa could do it because their lower overall pay scale allowed Luiz to be higher up it and so get the permit.
Hence the reason I used the inverted commas, but you’re quite correct. Would Like to think that we could have kept him in the fold had we truly desired, however. Often wondered if our benevolence in respect to Luiz was connected to us clearing the path to Grealish later.

I think he will contribute more, playing that "Stones role", judging by his pace and skills with the ball.

Rodri position isn't gonna happen, so we will need cover there definitely.

But as a "false centre-back" or whatever that new position is called in this system - I think will suit him..

And it's important because from our current centre-backs, no one is able to play that position well, except Stones.
Ruben has his duties, Akanji, Walker and Ake are better as RCB / LCB-s, so there is space available for Kalvin..

For Rodri's role - we can use Gundo, Rico has skills, maybe someone new will arrive as well..
Dont think he is aerially dominant enough for the Stones role.

We are more likely to see Rodri go there, to let Philips play DM.

I think he will come good next season, there is alot of promising signs from his recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.