4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll do for me.

I am actually happy to see him enjoying that because it means he'd be motivated enough to fight for his spot. A person who doesn't want to fight for his spot won't be able to enjoy being in the team.

The attitude is very important, having that, he'll overcome the challenges next season. Look at what happens with Zinchenko (limited talent, but very good attitude to learn and fight for his spot) vs. the cases of Sancho or Cancelo (huge potential and talent, but doesn't have the fighting spirit for his spot), I hope Philips can learn from Zinchenko, John Stones, etc. who all had difficult beginnings.

You would think he would be tailored made to play the role that stones has been playing for the last few months

hopefully he gets his head down in pre season and starts to justify the fee we paid for him

I don’t think he’s going anywhere from what we have seen or heard

You would think he would be tailored made to play the role that stones has been playing for the last few months

hopefully he gets his head down in pre season and starts to justify the fee we paid for him

I don’t think he’s going anywhere from what we have seen or heard
Yes, he's not going because nobody would buy him after such an "amazing" season.

Yes, he's not going because nobody would buy him after such an "amazing" season.
A strange post. New player suffers serious injury and requires an operation and is deemed to have no worth to anyone after 500 minutes of play. Just support our players until they go elsewhere, or are rude about the club.

A strange post. New player suffers serious injury and requires an operation and is deemed to have no worth to anyone after 500 minutes of play. Just support our players until they go elsewhere, or are rude about the club.
Nothing new. Should look back at some of the stuff from 2016-17. We bought somebody who wasn't ripping up trees, got crocked, and people immediately started writing him off. Can't remember the guy's name but sure it started with a G...

I am actually happy to see him enjoying that because it means he'd be motivated enough to fight for his spot. A person who doesn't want to fight for his spot won't be able to enjoy being in the team.

The attitude is very important, having that, he'll overcome the challenges next season. Look at what happens with Zinchenko (limited talent, but very good attitude to learn and fight for his spot) vs. the cases of Sancho or Cancelo (huge potential and talent, but doesn't have the fighting spirit for his spot), I hope Philips can learn from Zinchenko, John Stones, etc. who all had difficult beginnings.
Id love that all to be correct,but im not sure the attitude is there with Philips.

You'd expect him to be at least be in peak shape,especially after the criticism earlier in the season,yet looking at him on that bus with his shirt off he still looked like he was carrying a few excess pounds......im not convinced the penny is dropping.

We'll see when he reports for preseason.....he should be like a rabid dog,and at the front of every fitness test.

Id love that all to be correct,but im not sure the attitude is there with Philips.

You'd expect him to be at least be in peak shape,especially after the criticism earlier in the season,yet looking at him on that bus with his shirt off he still looked like he was carrying a few excess pounds......im not convinced the penny is dropping.

We'll see when he reports for preseason.....he should be like a rabid dog,and at the front of every fitness test.
I would certainly expect stories to be released by his agent informing us that Phillips actually cut short his summer holiday and was back in training before everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.