4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,if the worst was to happen to Rodri in the warm up,and Philips had to deputise.....you'd be happy with that?
You’ve skewed my words a bit there. I said he’s done ok so far. Let’s not jest about Rodri, but if worst happens,Rodri did injure himself, surely Pep would re-organise his team and maybe put Stones into midfield into Rodri’s position and go from there rather than use Phillips from the start? I meant more of a late substitute to bolster the midfield as he was used was it against Leeds or Chelsea?

You’ve skewed my words a bit there. I said he’s done ok so far. Let’s not jest about Rodri, but if worst happens,Rodri did injure himself, surely Pep would re-organise his team and maybe put Stones into midfield into Rodri’s position and go from there rather than use Phillips from the start? I meant more of a late substitute to bolster the midfield as he was used was it against Leeds or Chelsea?

Apologies for that,but i was just getting real with the situation.

My take is we could do all the re-organistion we want.....Gundo maybe dropping back etc. but Philips would not be the one trusted to step into the starting 11,thats a given.....and that's the issue.

Apologies for that,but i was just getting real with the situation.

My take is we could do all the re-organistion we want.....Gundo maybe dropping back etc. but Philips would not be the one trusted to step into the starting 11,thats a given.....and that's the issue.
Rico would be ahead of him in Peps thinking

From what I've read he's planning on staying and fighting for a bigger role. I think seeing how Jack jumped levels after his first year has inspired him. I'm sure sitting on the bench and watching everybody else playing in big matches is a big motivator as well. Hopefully he'll come good when they restart in August.

From what I've read he's planning on staying and fighting for a bigger role. I think seeing how Jack jumped levels after his first year has inspired him. I'm sure sitting on the bench and watching everybody else playing in big matches is a big motivator as well. Hopefully he'll come good when they restart in August.

Yeah we should backing up for player that wants to stay and fight, give him chance for another season. Hopefully no major injury getting surgery for months.

It was obvious from day one what potential Jack had. I just don't see it in Philips whatsoever. Same with Gomez. Cut our losses and move on with both of those guys.

It was obvious from day one what potential Jack had. I just don't see it in Philips whatsoever. Same with Gomez. Cut our losses and move on with both of those guys.
Grealish had shown what he could do at Villa before he came to us and then regressed until the second half of this Season but Phillips in an average Leeds side looks less than average in a City side . Time to cut our losses.

Dont think he is aerially dominant enough for the Stones role.

We are more likely to see Rodri go there, to let Philips play DM.

I think he will come good next season, there is alot of promising signs from his recent games.

Aerial dominancy is one thing and Rodri has plenty of skills like that, where Phillips isn't enough.

First touch,
Dribbling with the ball,
Pace,
Short Passes Forward,
Long Passes (Not Rodri's level)..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.