4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at home when he came on , a good 30 minutes run out , hope he starts against Southamppton and gives his match fitness a boost , rated him at Leeds and he has been unlucky with injuries , Kalvin's season starts now

I think Pep has already said that Phillips is starting on Wednesday? I know where you are coming from, but I also don't think Rodri has filled Fernandinho's boots yet :)
"but I also don't think Rodri has filled Fernandinho's boots yet :)"

Wow, that's harsh. Rodri is a completely different player to Fern but just as important and influential.

I don't see where the positive comments are coming from just yet, replaced Rodders yesterday and was out of position and ahead of where he should be for most of the time he was on the pitch. He will hopefully come good and has a decent range of passing but defo an odd signing and I doubt will ever be a good replacement for Rodri.

I doubt Phillips will start looking capable for about 12 months. That's just how it goes with a DM in Pep's side. Rodri didn't look a patch on Fernandinho and the number of threads looking at alternatives grew and grew. But then it clicked and he has become an absolute monster in terms of reading the game, controlling our play and positioning. Phillips will be able to do a job in there, but it will take a lot of minutes before he's fully aware of his positioning and role in the side.

I don't see where the positive comments are coming from just yet, replaced Rodders yesterday and was out of position and ahead of where he should be for most of the time he was on the pitch. He will hopefully come good and has a decent range of passing but defo an odd signing and I doubt will ever be a good replacement for Rodri.
I thought he looked very good ..he got in a few good tackles..broke up Chelsea play and his passing was good..
He needs a few games to get fully integrated in the team but he's a decent player..
Not many players would be good enough to replace Rod to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.