4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed how slow he looked, has a great passing range however we needed someone younger in to push rodri.

One of the worst performances at defensive midfield in years for us. Gave the ball away way too much but so did a lot of the team. The damning thing was everything else. Taking multiple touches to control the ball and then finding players who were nowhere near him up in his face. Getting bullied off the ball. Not working hard enough to recover balls he lost. Didn't open himself up enough to receive the ball. And just looking slow, laboured and off the pace.

This is really one of them performances that is hard to come back from. Usually you don't want to write players off this early into their tenure but I think this was so bad he really needs to a 180 to get me and I'm sure a lot of you back on board. As bad as it can get for a full debut.

And I never want to hear about his mythical passing range or how he's a better passer than Rodri ever again. Get the fuck.

One of the worst performances by any City player for a very long time. I"m not sure he knows what he's meant to do after that showing.

It’s like being in the Rodri 2019/20 thread.

Even the same recycled criticisms.

- Too slow to play in the PL
- Doesn’t look after the ball
- Gets bullied
- Poor positioning
- Not fit to lace [current first choice]’s boots!

I’ll check back in October when you’re all pretending you knew he’d be great from the get go and laughing at the overreaction to his first start.

- Gets bullied
- Poor positioning

I’ll check back in October when you’re all pretending you knew he’d be great from the get go and laughing at the overreaction to his first start.
Come on, there's no comparison between this and Rodri's first year. He wasn't perfect, made mistakes but at least looked like he played as a 6 before.

Come on, there's no comparison between this and Rodri's first year. He wasn't perfect, made mistakes but at least looked like he played as a 6 before.

You have a shit memory, people (lots of them) were literally saying he was too slow to ever be capable of playing 6 in England (despite the existence of Gareth Barry) and decided we had to play 4231 because he couldn’t do the job on his own.

It’s a shame that @Moderating Team gets rid of old player threads, I often think they’d be useful references to look back on when people have a meltdown about a new player.

- Gets bullied
- Poor positioning

Good luck on that one.

Rodri was very poor at the beginning. Many on here (myself included) were far from happy with him. I hope Philips can turn it around the way Rodri did. The difference for me, is I had barely seen Rodri play prior to him joining us, whereas I have seen plenty of Philips and never rated him. He is here now though and deserves his chance. I don't think one game, after an injury, in a weakened team, constitutes him getting his chance. Jury is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.