4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our signings have been bizarre. Phillips is one of them.
i dont think it is i think well see the benefit of phillips when hes playing with kdb and bernie infront of him and hes been awared the same amount of time that we awarded rodri who also recieved critism. i do think hell come great for us

i dont think it is i think well see the benefit of phillips when hes playing with kdb and bernie infront of him and hes been awared the same amount of time that we awarded rodri who also recieved critism. i do think hell come great for us

we really needed a midfielder who could fit in straight away. Like an Akanji for the midfield.

Not another player who will take a year or two to fit in.

we really needed a midfielder who could fit in straight away. Like an Akanji for the midfield.

Not another player who will take a year or two to fit in.
but the issue is how often does that actually happen in our team. rodri himself took a season akanji and dias are the exceptions to the rule

Im hoping its fitness, but christ he was slow. I mean really really slow.
i think its match fitness personally. its his first start in 8 months, i feel like hes got a few fitness levels to go up you dont get in the bielsa midfield if you couldnt run.

I take on board the points people make about match sharpness and match fitness taking time to come back but even allowing for that he just seemed to stroll around the park tonight showing no urgency. To the cynic it looked as though he had the mindset of one who thinks he’s made it.

I’d much sooner we’d bought Doug Luiz back to fill this role but we didn’t so I guess we’ll have to hope Phillips comes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.