40 hour fasting ... anyone know anything about this new diet ?

No nim I`ve not done this one yet as I`ve lost the two stone with the 5-2 diet and no snacks,suppers and plenty of fruit and nuts has certainly helped.
Also because I have problems with my back I`ve started to use my hand weights (lying on the floor) which are not heavy but its exercise,the best I can do.
Your wife may be correct ref its not a healthy option but just wondered if anyone had tried this one.
Ahh well thats great mate, well done.

Could lose some weight as well, has anyone done the 365-day fast?

Heard it's very effective.

Well, since we, as a society, have had food 'on tap' we've gotten fatter, have we not?

Your wife is only regurgitating what she's been lead to believe. I work with nurses that swear by it.

Since I started my fast, I haven't taken any insulin whatsoever and that was over 3 months ago! My body now regulates food I might binge or sweets back to normal levels.

It wasn't doing that before.

We rely on the medicinal world to tell us what's best for us, but we don't really question what goes in our food to make us addicts; we just eat.

I believed I would be on statins and insulin forever, once...
Yeah, I read that doctors get 3 days of training about nutrition in 6 years of training, so they're not necessarily best placed to tell you about this sort of thing. Having said that, they latest fad diet is rarely the best way to go about things either.

I’ve gone for the eating a dodgey kebab and now shittng through the eye of a needle diet, I’ll let you know how it works out.
if it helps I would recommend drinking 10 points of lager or whatever you fancy before eating the kebab and some peanuts and crisps before hand also, throw in a few rums for good measure ,helps line the stomach ,im a qualified dietician (im not)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.