40 hour fasting ... anyone know anything about this new diet ?

if it helps I would recommend drinking 10 points of lager or whatever you fancy before eating the kebab and some peanuts and crisps before hand also, throw in a few rums for good measure ,helps line the stomach ,im a qualified dietician (im not)
Schoolboy error only had 8 pints watching the game, you’d think at my age I’d know better.

I'd used to do a 32 hour fast twice a week (8pm to 8am) and then reduced it to once a week after hitting my weight target. It's not too difficult due to the 16 hours sleep and keeping busy at work. I felt great as well. The headaches were an issue until I realised it was the caffine withdrawal effect and not a lack of water now I make sure I have one black coffee at midday and I'm good for the rest of the fast. I need to start it again actually as I slacked off when the heatwave came, I needed ice creams and cocktails to cool down. 40 hours is probably a step too far and you'll most probably quit that very quickly (not that I'm calling you weak minded but it's very tiring and very restrictive to go that long. Remember it's a life choice not a weight reduction programme). Don't expect to lose massive amounts of weight though as it's not designed for weight reduction it's designed to make you live longer and keep away brain disorders away (if you believe the science that is which is provable on mice but not on humans as of yet I might add)

I've seen some Diabetes expert drs talk about fasting a day a week can help reverse diabetes,low cal of a few hundred not just water and of course be really sensible the other days,it drops belly fat quickly which is really what you need,it'll work for everyone i'm sure.when i need to drop weight i go really low sugar,only fruit and no other sugar,i can drop 7Ibs in a week doing that,google is handy and no pics unless you look like bobby,scarf optional

I've seen some Diabetes expert drs talk about fasting a day a week can help reverse diabetes,low cal of a few hundred not just water and of course be really sensible the other days,it drops belly fat quickly which is really what you need,it'll work for everyone i'm sure.when i need to drop weight i go really low sugar,only fruit and no other sugar,i can drop 7Ibs in a week doing that,google is handy and no pics unless you look like bobby,scarf optional
Well thats what I need to shift Kaz,the old beer gut,courtesy of Mr Guinness.I`ve certainly started to eat lots of fruit (black grapes,stored in the fridge are lovely and refreshing)

I'd used to do a 32 hour fast twice a week (8pm to 8am) and then reduced it to once a week after hitting my weight target. It's not too difficult due to the 16 hours sleep and keeping busy at work. I felt great as well. The headaches were an issue until I realised it was the caffine withdrawal effect and not a lack of water now I make sure I have one black coffee at midday and I'm good for the rest of the fast. I need to start it again actually as I slacked off when the heatwave came, I needed ice creams and cocktails to cool down. 40 hours is probably a step too far and you'll most probably quit that very quickly (not that I'm calling you weak minded but it's very tiring and very restrictive to go that long. Remember it's a life choice not a weight reduction programme). Don't expect to lose massive amounts of weight though as it's not designed for weight reduction it's designed to make you live longer and keep away brain disorders away (if you believe the science that is which is provable on mice but not on humans as of yet I might add)

Thanks for that post.

The longest water fast I've done is 26 hours as a build to 48, but I suffered headaches really badly. I did have two black coffees for the first time in my life in that day, though.

It explains a lot.

I'd agree with the belly fat point. I'm close to shifting mine.

Just can't take it for granted, so I'm training as many days as I can to get rid of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.