40M Bid from Corinthians

avoidconfusion said:
Why the fuck do we still bother to keep him for fuck's sake. I am sick and tired of us kissing his and kia's ass and bending over backwards to try and keep him. Just fucking sell him to Corinthians already and get Aguero. Why we waste so much time on ONE player who hasn't even been that great since he put his first transfer request in is beyond me. We should focus on getting in players who WANT to play for City.

This

We should just accept the £40m and move on, yes it will be over the course of a likely 5 year contract but Corinthians are no threat to us and I for one believe Tevez when he says he wants to be closer to his family, meaning I think he'll see out his career there. The likes of Real Madrid and Inter will wait till the end of the window anyway and offer a similar fee.

My opinion on Carlos is this, I view him as the best City player I've ever seen (I'm to young to remember the Bells, Lees etc) but I don't view him as a City legend due to his antics off the pitch, now Aguero on the other hand is the opposite from what I read, like Carlos brilliant on the pitch, but unlike him he's also a top pro off it. Aguero can go and be a legend at club over a prolonged period imo.

City will be stronger in the long run without Carlos.

avoidconfusion said:
Why the fuck do we still bother to keep him for fuck's sake. I am sick and tired of us kissing his and kia's ass and bending over backwards to try and keep him. Just fucking sell him to Corinthians already and get Aguero. Why we waste so much time on ONE player who hasn't even been that great since he put his first transfer request in is beyond me. We should focus on getting in players who WANT to play for City.
This.

If this was Barca, Madrid or the rags, they would have gotten rid ages ago.

jaden19 said:
avoidconfusion said:
This.

If this was Barca, Madrid or the rags, they would have gotten rid ages ago.
We weren't in a position where we could get rid of him though over the last 12 months, at times he's literally dragged us through games, now we're in a position of power due to being in the Champions League we can get rid of players of Carlos's calibre and replace them with a similar player.

Paddys Goose said:
avoidconfusion said:

This

Because he's an asset worth 40 million quid and therefore significant to the club. We're not just playing with monopoly money. And disposing of him at a market or premium price will help bolster our reputation for being good business men and discourage players and clubs from jerking us around in the future.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I think this is equivalent to a chess-move in the end game of this saga. I cannot believe that Mancini is seriously interested in keeping this guy.

Just maybe that the powers that be at City,have asked Bobby to have one last go at keeping him and he feels obliged.
Would you turn down a request from Khaldoon or HH ??

A few of tomorrow's papers are saying that we are set to accept Corinthians' £40m bid, but will speak to Tevez one more time to confirm that he wants to move. I would have thought it's pretty obvious by now that he wants to move! But it looks like this is finally coming to an end!

Now please get Aguero!

We should just accept the 40 million, because a player on the same level like Aguero would be a superb replacement. Next season, Aguero will have moved on, that's if we don't sell Tevez and buy Aguero. In the end, if we decide to reject the offer and keep Tevez for another season, we are left with an unhappy player and no Aguero to replace him. We need to cut our losses and spend the money on Aguero. Tevez has to go now because that is the only way forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.