40M Bid from Corinthians

PSmyth07 said:
pml79 said:
i still think this is a ploy to get a move to spain/italy from kia.

Still good business though. Bought him for around £25m so we've made around £10m if you deduct wages and signing on fee's etc. He's helped us get to the CL and give us 2 years of some stunning football.

Spot on. Brilliant deal for us. Also he's a player thats only going to get worse. As he gets older its going to be harder to stay fit and he has problems with his weight when he doesnt train/play so its not a bad deal at all. Wherever he goes they'll get a top player for 2 years but they'll be lucky to see him play regualarly and at a top level after that. Also i remember him saying a number of times that he wants to retire in a few years so if he goes to Corinthians i think he'll stay their for his contract length and then he'll retire.

pml79 said:

Think Kia's idea is for us to sell to Corinthians who will pay us the first installment next year but by then Tevez will be sold to someone in Spain/Italy for more than the £40m we're selling for and everyone wins (apart from perhaps us),

Corinthians get 6 months out of Tevez (who by then will have a happy family life and be able to move into Europe again and not be CL tied) and pay us over 4 years while pocketing the interest of their sale for £??M & Kia gets another payday.

As with Rob I'd have him pulling pints in the SS.

blue b4 the moon said:
pml79 said:

Think Kia's idea is for us to sell to Corinthians who will pay us the first installment next year but by then Tevez will be sold to someone in Spain/Italy for more than the £40m we're selling for and everyone wins (apart from perhaps us),

Corinthians get 6 months out of Tevez (who by then will have a happy family life and be able to move into Europe again and not be CL tied) and pay us over 4 years while pocketing the interest of their sale for £??M & Kia gets another payday.

I trust cookie to get a couple other deal breakers in there - nice little sellon fee plus no deals with european clubs for 2 years

california blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
pml79 said:

I trust cookie to get a couple other deal breakers in there - nice little sellon fee plus no deals with european clubs for 2 years

We may struggle with a 2 year Euro clause under restraint of trade or perhaps not in Brazilian law?

blue b4 the moon said:
pml79 said:

The thing is, if ge moves to another club in Europe, chances are they too will want to pay in instalments, so effectively they lose Tevez but are still paying us for him using money coming in from selling him on, not worth their time! Realistically, we are the only club on the planet that pays it all up front(maybe Real too but I'm not so sure on that)

blue b4 the moon said:
california blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:

We may struggle with a 2 year Euro clause under restraint of trade or perhaps not in Brazilian law?[/quote]

Just sell him for 60 million with an agreement that if he stays for the first two years of his contracr the fee goes down to 40 million...

Don't forget Kia has a stake in the Brazil team and will do a deal for more than £40M. He'll convince RM, Inter etc that Carlos will be with them for the longterm and sell for more than we're selling for. Corinthians may not gain in actual fees as Kia will have the cash profit but they'll get six months of Tevez and indirect cash from shirts/exposure.

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
...City have accepted Corinthians payment terms, ie 1st €10m installment for Tevez in May. Now waiting for response on bank guarantee. #mcfc
2 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

LoveCity said:
...City have accepted Corinthians payment terms, ie 1st €10m installment for Tevez in May. Now waiting for response on bank guarantee. #mcfc

Excellent.

May is fine, we can count the portion of the profit toward FFP. Spreading it out may actually help us.

LoveCity said:
Taylor wrote in the Guardian published moments ago that the deal is all but fallen apart.

journos really do just take a stab in the dark don't they

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/19/carlos-tevez-corinthians-manchester-city?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ootball%29</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.