4132 formation

It's not a 4231 if you play aguero in "hole". It's 442. They're effectively the same.

Unless you play silva behind lone striker, then, its 4231.

Danamy said:
The formation is no different to what Mancini played at times when De Jong was here playing the Dinho role.

Pretty much, but we never really had a natural outlet on the right like we do with Navas. Silva, Nasri, Johnson, even Milner didn't really stretch the play as much as Navas does, so the shape when we were attacking was a bit different. The formations are very similar without the ball though, that much is certainly true.

Danamy said:
The formation is no different to what Mancini played at times when De Jong was here playing the Dinho role.
A bit, although he tended to play de Jong alongside Barry with yaya in front of them in a 4231. When Mancini started to favour 4222 in the 11-12 season De Jong didn't get as many starts because yaya dropped alongside Barry.

It's the clear differential between the two, fernandinho sweeping up deep and yaya playing around their box which I liked.

Danamy said:

it is the same formation, but we play a different style now .. high line, high tempo and we press instead of containing like little cowards.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
A bit, although he tended to play de Jong alongside Barry with yaya in front of them in a 4231. When Mancini started to favour 4222 in the 11-12 season De Jong didn't get as many starts because yaya dropped alongside Barry.

It's the clear differential between the two, fernandinho sweeping up deep and yaya playing around their box which I liked.

that option is still there for pellegrini.

toure, nasri and silva can all play in that hole when required.

i remember when pellegrini put nasri behind negredo vs bayern munchen, it worked very well.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Danamy said:

Pretty much, but we never really had a natural outlet on the right like we do with Navas. Silva, Nasri, Johnson, even Milner didn't really stretch the play as much as Navas does, so the shape when we were attacking was a bit different. The formations are very similar without the ball though, that much is certainly true.

I agree we didn't have as much pace in that era as we do now with Navas in the side but the shape is as near as dammit when Johnson and De Jong were on the pitch under Mancini.

Agree 100%. The first half was a tactical master class from the boss implemented to perfection by the team. Straight out of the blocks, not giving them rag twats a minutes peace. Yaya bombing on to strangle the life out of them. Early goal and then take a breather for 10 minutes, even during this time they got nowhere near our goal. First shot on target was the 68th minute! Then BANG right on half time knock the stuffing out of them. Brilliant, just brilliant. I didn't think it's coincidence either that Yaya played further forward when the Captain came back.

bluethunder said:
Danamy said:

it is the same formation, but we play a different style now .. high line, high tempo and we press instead of containing like little cowards.

-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:

that option is still there for pellegrini.

toure, nasri and silva can all play in that hole when required.

i remember when pellegrini put nasri behind negredo vs bayern munchen, it worked very well.

and Jovetic?

I've always said you just aswell have ten men on the pitch than play Nasri out wide but when he tucks inside he's a different animal, it's no coincidence that his best games are when Silva's not on the pitch, they both play in the same space so it rarely works when they're both on the pitch.

His best and only decent game last season was away to West Ham playing in the Silva role when he was out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.