4132 formation

Danamy said:
bluethunder said:
Danamy said:
The formation is no different to what Mancini played at times when De Jong was here playing the Dinho role.

it is the same formation, but we play a different style now .. high line, high tempo and we press instead of containing like little cowards.

-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
A bit, although he tended to play de Jong alongside Barry with yaya in front of them in a 4231. When Mancini started to favour 4222 in the 11-12 season De Jong didn't get as many starts because yaya dropped alongside Barry.

It's the clear differential between the two, fernandinho sweeping up deep and yaya playing around their box which I liked.

that option is still there for pellegrini.

toure, nasri and silva can all play in that hole when required.

i remember when pellegrini put nasri behind negredo vs bayern munchen, it worked very well.

and Jovetic?

I've always said you just aswell have ten men on the pitch than play Nasri out wide but when he tucks inside he's a different animal, it's no coincidence that his best games are when Silva's not on the pitch, they both play in the same space so it rarely works when they're both on the pitch.

His best and only decent game last season was away to West Ham playing in the Silva role when he was out.

jovetic is similar to tevez and aguero. a support striker.

Some top loons on this thread.

What Pellegrini has clearly done is watch all of our performances from the last 2 seasons and gone back to what we did when we were at our 'best' ie the first half of the Title winning season.

We played yesterday and v Plzen as we did in that golden period. Exactly the same shape / formation whatever you want to call it.

The difference now is (and this is the exciting bit) we now have better players executing it than we did then.

Carry on like this and this league will get bummed into next week.

I thought the formation was more of a hybrid, magic box style 2-3-4-1.

It's one of Pelle's favourites.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Looked like it was 4141 to me.

does this look like a 4-1-4-1 ???? ::::::

article-2429935-183303ED00000578-618_306x423.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.