4132 formation

Didsbury Dave said:
I've never seen a city team set up in this formation before - first trialled in the second half of the plzen game. An incredibly attacking formation which worked a treat. Fernandinho swept up at the base of the midfield whilst yaya stepped up to where he is dangerous.

It concentrated the play around united's box, and when we play around that area we really hurt teams. It's a formation which risks being 'broken away' at, but the way fernandinho swept up, and vinny stepped out of defence to bully Rooney, meant that was never a problem.

What a fucking performance that was. Lets stick with this formation and win a shit load of trophies.

im sure this is pelli's ideal style/plan for the season maybe only from midweek did he see the players were ready to play this way?

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
it was the 4-4-2, with toure slightly further up the pitch, fernandinho staying back. nasri cutting in from the left. jesus waiting on flanks to receive the ball. aguero/negredo making a lot of movements up front.

835187_Champions_League_Team.jpg

It was a classic 4132. Fernandinho sat deep and yaya was up between the wide men.

To me we have finally got the centre forward who complements Sergio in Negredo. Love seeing a centre forward who bullies the centre halfs

Carl_Man_City said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
it was the 4-4-2, with toure slightly further up the pitch, fernandinho staying back. nasri cutting in from the left. jesus waiting on flanks to receive the ball. aguero/negredo making a lot of movements up front.

835187_Champions_League_Team.jpg

It was a classic 4132. Fernandinho sat deep and yaya was up between the wide men.

To me we have finally got the centre forward who complements Sergio in Negredo. Love seeing a centre forward who bullies the centre halfs

negrado played perfect and unselfish. Think he and sergio compliment each other. Hopefully we see the same with jovetic and dzeko.
loved watching defenders bounce off negrado and he doesnt seem to notice

it's actually Pelle favourite 4-2-2-2 magic box. basically base from 4-4-2 formation but much more flexible.

835256_Manchester_City.jpg

Mp has basically made the tweeks that many on here said was needed..

Ferd was excellent in that role and when yaya couldnt get bsck which did happwn a couple of times he was there.

Only once did the both get caught out being both too far foward and square and roonry picked up the ball 5 yds in frint of our back 4....luckily the quality wasnt there.

Also i thought that tho we did press the ball a lot we did it in the middle third more than the attacking third whuch i think was a lot better

Thats the way i saw it and hope it continues as it was near perfect for an hour

Skashion said:
capiloton said:
it's actually Pelle favourite 4-2-2-2 magic box. basically base from 4-4-2 formation but much more flexible.

835256_Manchester_City.jpg
Too much, the Magic Box.

Haha, thought the same, love it.

Key to it all is the skipper, we can play any formation when Vince is on it.

I think/hope that as the season progresses we'll see more interchanging between Yaya and Fernandhino rather than one being allocated the deeper role

Sixty years ago teams played with two full backs, two wing halves outside a centre half, two inside forwards with wingers outside and a centre forward.

The centre half was a big lad usually, a real stopper. The wing halves would get forward and overlap the wingers. The inside forwards were fast, tricky, nippy, and the centre forward was another big powerful lad.

Yesterday we played with Kompany and nastasic rock solid at the back. In front of them fernandinho played the old fashioned centre half role, quietu, no nonsense, breaking their play up. Zaba and Kolarov got forward to great effect. Yaya is not quite the pocket battleship inside forward of yesteryear but nasri and Aguero fit the bill, navas is an out and out winger and negredo could have been newcastles centre forward in the 50s.

Funny, but the way teams set up, especially yesterday, has almost come full circle. Roy Paul would have enjoyed yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.