44 Years Ago… Johnny Bond, Johnny Bond, Johnny Bond

Very well observed.

Surprised no-one has mentioned that preposterous drop he did from the front of the director’s box, after we’d beat Norwich 6-0 in the Cup.

I think signing your own son, unless he’s world class, is far too replete with risk. Actually Kevin Bond wasn’t a bad footballer, but he was no Franco Baresi. And he displaced fan’s’ favourite, Nicky Reid. That was always going to accentuate any claims of nepotism. He scored an amazing goal against Everton though, and a penalty at Anfield in one of our only three wins there in the last 70 years. So not a complete disaster.

20 seconds in.

Heath didnt do much of that when he played for us years later. Clearly been a decent player in Kendall's successful Everton team but he was incredibly unpopular when playing for us.

Heath didnt do much of that when he played for us years later. Clearly been a decent player in Kendall's successful Everton team but he was incredibly unpopular when playing for us.
His goal scoring record with City was a disgrace. Tidy player, with a good first touch, but not strong or fast enough to ever be a top striker. But as you say, a decent footballer. We’ve certainly had far worse!

80-81 was the first year I had a season ticket and was able to get to most aways, all funded by my part-time evening job stacking shelves at Shopping Giant. One of the best years of my life and certainly one of the most memorable seasons ever. Not possible without John Bond so I will always have a soft spot for him no matter what came after.

80-81 was the first year I had a season ticket and was able to get to most aways, all funded by my part-time evening job stacking shelves at Shopping Giant. One of the best years of my life and certainly one of the most memorable seasons ever. Not possible without John Bond so I will always have a soft spot for him no matter what came after.
1980-81 has got to be one of our best seasons whilst in the top flight between 1976-77 and 2010-11.

Think it was the fact he kept getting picked over the prolific Clive Allen for us that drove us all mental

Played very well though in midfield in that 5-1 thrashing at Villa. Always tried hard but other than that, past his best.

He made three great signings in Bobby McDonald, Tommy Hutchison and Gerry Gow. It transformed the team. Loved watching Tommy Hutchinson and Gerry Gow was a legendary.
Can't believe it took 3 pages to mention this.
City lost Bond's first game and then he signed those 3 players and 3 days later we won the next game.

I remember bumping into him in Kendall’s the day after Sven took over. What’s he ever done he said. He’s won a lot more than you ever fucking did I said. To which he glared at me and turned the other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.