44 Years Ago… Johnny Bond, Johnny Bond, Johnny Bond

Possibly it hasn't turned out to badly losing that to Spurs is probably the only thing i still fret about :-)
Spurs would certainly change places with us now.
Favourite Bond game Stoke away Trevor Francis debut, as I remember won 3 1 Trevor scored twice. Apart from the Boothen End we took the ground over. Felt like we were kings of the world that day another false dawn. If I have the score wrong blame FOCs memory.

The best goal of that Final was the amazing Steve McKenzie goal. It wasn’t the winning goal which is why I feel that it is largely forgotten about (except by City fans).
Agree, a fabulous goal, much better than Villa's fluke ! Did anybody else sell their ticket for Springsteen at the Apollo that night of the replay, or was it just me !? Queued up all night outside the Apollo on the Saturday night, Sunday morning for a ticket when they went on sale a couple of months earlier. Still, it was worth it to see us lose the replay !

He made three great signings in Bobby McDonald, Tommy Hutchison and Gerry Gow. It transformed the team. Loved watching Tommy Hutchinson and Gerry Gow was a legendary.

Gerry Gow was indeed legendary, I loved him until I ended up playing against him (albeit in his latter years when he was at Portland) in Dorset Combination game when I was 17. Even had the audacity to tackle him which my dad told me off. Not only was it a stupidly dangerous thing to do but he loved Freddy Boswell, and think he wanted Gow to win more than me!

Shyly tried to talk to him after the game in bar about City, (Gow not my Dad) he called me a little "c***" for tackling him as he disappeared into the ether.

Dont ever meet your heroes pals, more to the point dont ever tackle your dads heroes!

Spurs would certainly change places with us now.
Favourite Bond game Stoke away Trevor Francis debut, as I remember won 3 1 Trevor scored twice. Apart from the Boothen End we took the ground over. Felt like we were kings of the world that day another false dawn. If I have the score wrong blame FOCs memory.
Spot on mate think power got the other, what a following that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.