#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not harsh, it's accurate. he's not having a go at him for it, he's simply saying you'd expect to score at least one from the opportunities he had tonight. You could see in his own reaction he knew he should have scored tonight.
He did his job tonight without being at his brilliant best, he occupied the fullback all night. I thought he did well.

Wasted too many chances but he is young.

Hmmmm....Not quite the effort you put in when defending Sterling's performances.

Yes,he was poor,by his incredible standards,last night,but even so he still had moments of top quality and you always expect an end product with the kid.

He was very important in securing the result,his energy and tenacity kept PSG on their toes second half,they couldnt relax while he was buzzing about,and that created space for us and tiredness for them.
He'll be wanting to make more of a mark in the second leg,which should be a mouth watering prospect for any Blue.

The thing is he should of had two goals, did everything perfect except score, and he will beat himself up for it, however he will learn a little bit more composure, he will get there he's got everything, put him in the same position next week and he scores one, put him in the same position the week after and he scores two

Thought we didn't get him into the game in the first half. Often choosing to switch play over to the right with overhit passes when Phil was in perfectly good positions to receive a more simple pass.
Second half was much improved when he came inside and was more involved. Always showing for the ball, very rarely misplacing passes and bundles of energy topped off with a couple of moments of brilliance.
7/10 performance for me.

He was solid last night, even if he was below his best. The experience will be huge for him.

I thought PSG used Florenzi really effectively against him in the first half and he spent more time tracking him than going forward.

Imagine how good he's going to be when he grows up!
Apologies if mentioned before but what was he saying to Neymar at the end of the game. Looked like a fan with his hero! I was hoping he was saying “ you know if you cut out the crap out of your game, you could be alright!” Does Neymar even speak English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.