#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others that he hasn't been at his best but it's important to remember that he's not a winger despite having a tremendous year out wide last season. He's an attacking midfielder and is at his best working in the half spaces receiving the ball on the half turn, spots currently occupied by Kev/Bernardo and Ilkay.

Isn't in top form, but isn't in bad form. I do believe moving him every game is hurting him, it's impossible to play a different position every week and find consistency he needs to play every game on the left to recapture his best form. However, he was still our most threatening forward today, laid it on a plate for sterling, played another few decent balls in that could have ended with an assist, decent volley attempt, looked to actually take on his man and try and create something. It's a solid 7/10 game, the problem is he was the best one.
Put him in central midfield and I think he will be eventually be able to run games for city likd scholes did for United.

I really think he can becoming a controlling midfielder like Scholes, pirlo, modric etc.

Put him in central midfield and I think he will be eventually be able to run games for city likd scholes did for United.

I really think he can becoming a controlling midfielder like Scholes, pirlo, modric etc.
Again, time is what he needs to improve in that position and I don't think pep trusts him yet there. But then again maybe he might be the type to learn that role to its full potential if played there consistently and not on the left.

Again, time is what he needs to improve in that position and I don't think pep trusts him yet there. But then again maybe he might be the type to learn that role to its full potential if played there consistently and not on the left.
Well he is not going to learn that role playing on the left that is for sure.

He played him there in the CL final.

Well he is not going to learn that role playing on the left that is for sure.

David and Iniesta both spent long periods of their early career playing out wide and they were both levels above Scholes. Even he spent a while as a kid being played up front or just off the striker.

Phil's also had a much better start to his career than any of them so we can afford him some patience.

I agree we won’t see the very best of him until he’s playing as a number 8. Think he can control games like Silva did eventually. Don’t want to see him sat deep like the other 3 because he’s so much quicker, better dribbler and a goal scorer who could go somewhere close to what Lampard did for goals from midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.