#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matters to people who objectively judge the greatness of a player .

How can anyone consider Lionel Messi the greatest player of all time when he looks ordinary for Argentine .I don't care if he looked like superman when he was playing with a Barcelona team that had 90% possession of the ball . He is
a system player pure and simple . Could never grab a game like Maradonna and run it.
So as I said.

Eder is a great player in your book?
He scored the single goal in a european final against France.

I have yet to be convinced that Pep sees him as a midfielder. And unless Pep plays him in midfield Southgate won't.

I do believe that if Southgate sees sense and plays him in midfield. He can be England's best midfielder since Bobby Charlton.

Can't see him surpassing Bobby though. The man played in midfield and was England's top scorer for over 40 years.

One of the most underrated players ever.
First your George Best love in and determination to talk down a City legend in Peter Doherty. Now this shite.
You’re as much a blue as Andy fucking Tate

I personally despise international football and wish they’d scrap it. The lack of time spent together with the team/manager is reflected by the lack of consistent standard and entertainment. I don’t regard Messi as any less of a player because he couldn’t regularly replicate his club form for Argentina. Foden is the best young player I’ve seen come through from an early age to where he is now. Comparing him to players from years gone by whilst being a good topic of debate doesn’t really hold any factual merit and can only ever be opinion. Imo he’s better then Gazza was at 21. I wasn’t watching much of Hoddle when he was 21 but i think he’s a different kind of player to foden/gazza anyway so not really worth trying to compare.
I certainly would never use international football as a barometer of the greatness of a player given its relatively poor standard.
He is actually a very similar player to both . Foden is not a deep lying centre foward where pep continually plays him .He doesn't have the composure in front of goal to score 20 goals a season he misses too many chances

He isn't a wide foward either, even though he plays well there.

He is a central midfielder . His passing range is one of the best in the world . If pep plays him in central midfield he can probably become the best midfielder in the world . Better than de bryune or david silva.

First your George Best love in and determination to talk down a City legend in Peter Doherty. Now this shite.
You’re as much a blue as Andy fucking Tate
I don't have a love in with George Best . I looked up the pes stats of both doherty and best and saw that best had higher stats and determined that he was the more gifted footballer . It's called objectively analysis . Not listening to some biased blue who believes Doherty is the greatest player of all time because he played for his team.

Yes i am a city fan . But in assessing a player you have too look at both.

I mean do you not think it takes away from Messis greatness that he only looks half the player for Argentina that
he does for Barcelona .

I know as a city fan you might not care what Foden looks like for England but to objectively asses how great a player he is you have look at both . Other wise you are just being biased.
I’d couldn’t give a toss what Phil does at international level, I’d prefer he didn’t play and had a rest.
Id much rather he become a legend for what he does at city than anything in an England kit

So as I said.

Eder is a great player in your book?
He scored the single goal in a european final against France.
When have I ever mentioned Eder . I just believe that Messi isn't up there with Cryuff, Maradonna etc because he doesn't look the same player for Argentina.

He is still probably the best of his generation though . Well its between him and Ronaldo.

Hoddle two footed, much better passer vision, foot brain, his shooting technique was insane.

Gazza more creative and stronger on the ball. Could really take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Foden is not at their level. Just for the record hoddle argentine team mate ossie ardiles called hoddle Maradona without pace. His technique on the ball was insane.

Haha. Maradone without the pace. Are you a comedian?lol You must be a fanboy the way you talk about Hoddle. Can only assume you are a Spurs fan.

Yeah, I remember all those big games Gazza took by the scruff of the neck like the FA Cup semi in 91 and....errrr.....a game for Rangers....and....errrr.

Piss off back to cockneywanker.com/forum if you want to masturbate in a sock about Hoddle and Gascoigne.

Of course it matters what he does at international level . You only look at Messi who only looks half the player for
Argentina that he did for Barcelona . Makes some people question his greatness me included that he is the GOAT of
all time .

The true greats such as ronaldo, pele, cryuff, plntini, beckenbauer, maradonna, xavi , inesta etc do it for club and country.

You wank over Hoddle but he did FA for England.

Looking at your posts, you mention Spurs related stuff a lot. City fan? My arse.

If you didn't see either of them. How can you judge.

They both played at a different time in the 80,s. When the English league didn't play a passing game.

Hoddle when he went to Marseille really shone under the management of arsene wenger. He was really something else as I said he was like Maradona without pace.

Gascsoiges career because of injuries and alcoholism career was more sporadic.

But more often than not when he played for England he was often their best player.
So much so that opposition players often remarked how the English team were nothing without him.

Its no coincidence that in the two international tournaments he played in.

England got to the semi finals. He was undoubtedly England's most influential and best player since Bobby Charlton.

Does 1981 relate to your birth or maybe a piss take of us losing to Spurs in the FA Cup?

If you were born in 1981, you did not really see Hoddle or Charlton. Either way, you are full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.