#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has taken games by the scruff of the neck this year and won them himself in several competitions, he starred in a CL run last year scoring against Dortmund and taking the piss out of PSG over two legs. Never mind the several trophies hes already won.

He is playing for the best team in the country week in and week out.

Why do you keep going on about England and international football.
What difference does it make what he does for England and especially under Southgate , who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.
Of course it matters what he does at international level . You only look at Messi who only looks half the player for
Argentina that he did for Barcelona . Makes some people question his greatness me included that he is the GOAT of
all time .

The true greats such as ronaldo, pele, cryuff, plntini, beckenbauer, maradonna, xavi , inesta etc do it for club and country.

Of course it matters what he does at international level . You only look at Messi who only looks half the player for
Argentina that he did for Barcelona . Makes some people question his greatness me included that he is the GOAT of
all time .

The true greats such as ronaldo, pele, cryuff, plntini, beckenbauer, maradonna, xavi , inesta etc do it for club and country
Do you prefer international football over club football? Are you a city fan?

all time .

The true greats such as ronaldo, pele, cryuff, plntini, beckenbauer, maradonna, xavi , inesta etc do it for club and country.
Matters to who?

Keyboard warriors who want to just use it to bash another player.

Lets put Eder above Cristiano Ronaldo then because he went and scored in the Euro 2016 final so that pisses on Ronaldo who was sat on the sidelines.

Do you prefer international football over club football? Are you a city fan?
Yes i am a city fan . But in assessing a player you have too look at both.

I mean do you not think it takes away from Messis greatness that he only looks half the player for Argentina that
he does for Barcelona .

I know as a city fan you might not care what Foden looks like for England but to objectively asses how great a player he is you have look at both . Other wise you are just being biased.

Matters to who?

Keyboard warriors who want to just use it to bash another player.

Lets put Eder above Cristiano Ronaldo then because he went and scored in the Euro 2016 final so that pisses on Ronaldo who was sat on the sidelines.
Matters to people who objectively judge the greatness of a player .

How can anyone consider Lionel Messi the greatest player of all time when he looks ordinary for Argentine .I don't care if he looked like superman when he was playing with a Barcelona team that had 90% possession of the ball . He is
a system player pure and simple . Could never grab a game like Maradonna and run it.

Yes i am a city fan . But in assessing a player you have too look at both.

I mean do you not think it takes away from Messis greatness that he only looks half the player for Argentina that
he does for Barcelona .

I know as a city fan you might not care what Foden looks like for England but to objectively asses how great a player he is you have look at both . Other wise you are just being biased.
I personally despise international football and wish they’d scrap it. The lack of time spent together with the team/manager is reflected by the lack of consistent standard and entertainment. I don’t regard Messi as any less of a player because he couldn’t regularly replicate his club form for Argentina. Foden is the best young player I’ve seen come through from an early age to where he is now. Comparing him to players from years gone by whilst being a good topic of debate doesn’t really hold any factual merit and can only ever be opinion. Imo he’s better then Gazza was at 21. I wasn’t watching much of Hoddle when he was 21 but i think he’s a different kind of player to foden/gazza anyway so not really worth trying to compare.
I certainly would never use international football as a barometer of the greatness of a player given its relatively poor standard.

I personally despise international football and wish they’d scrap it. The lack of time spent together with the team/manager is reflected by the lack of consistent standard and entertainment. I don’t regard Messi as any less of a player because he couldn’t regularly replicate his club form for Argentina. Foden is the best young player I’ve seen come through from an early age to where he is now. Comparing him to players from years gone by whilst being a good topic of debate doesn’t really hold any factual merit and can only ever be opinion. Imo he’s better then Gazza was at 21. I wasn’t watching much of Hoddle when he was 21 but i think he’s a different kind of player to foden/gazza anyway so not really worth trying to compare.
I certainly would never use international football as a barometer of the greatness of a player given its relatively poor standard.
Its not of the same standard as club football but it shows up flaws in certain players . Just like with Messi . It showed up his flaw that if he doesn't have xavi and inesta to feed him the ball he doesn't look half the player . Same as if you put him with an ordinary team in the premier league like everton he would looked ordinary .

Maradonna played with a crap Napoli team and transformed them . Do you think Messi would do the same . No chance.

Maradona on the other hand if others weren't able to feed him the ball could drop back in to midfield and run a game like pirlo . He could dictate a game like pirlo or scholes . He was unbelievable . Cryuff , De stefano could do the same .

Messi cant dictate shit which is why can't do crap at international level .

He still a great forward if he has others to feed him the ball . But he is not the complete attacker like cryuff, maradonna , de stefano, finney etc.

Matters to people who objectively judge the greatness of a player .

How can anyone consider Lionel Messi the greatest player of all time when he looks ordinary for Argentine .I don't care if he looked like superman when he was playing with a Barcelona team that had 90% possession of the ball . He is
a system player pure and simple . Could never grab a game like Maradonna and run it.
Admittedly I had to search for this but what is it about 1 goal every 2 games and being joint 5th top international goal score of all time that makes Messi poor at international level?

Admittedly I had to search for this but what is it about 1 goal every 2 games and being joint 5th top international goal score of all time that makes Messi poor at international level?

Anyone who believes that Messi isn't/wasn't a great player is either..

A Ronaldo fan boy
A rounders fan
Blind

Its not of the same standard as club football but it shows up flaws in certain players . Just like with Messi . It showed up his flaw that if he doesn't have xavi and inesta to feed him the ball he doesn't look half the player . Same as if you put him with an ordinary team in the premier league like everton he would looked ordinary .

Maradonna played with a crap Napoli team and transformed them . Do you think Messi would do the same . No chance.

Maradona on the other hand if others weren't able to feed him the ball could drop back in to midfield and run a game like pirlo . He could dictate a game like pirlo or scholes . He was unbelievable . Cryuff , De stefano could do the same .

Messi cant dictate shit which is why can't do crap at international level .

He still a great forward if he has others to feed him the ball . But he is not the complete attacker like cryuff, maradonna , de stefano, finney etc.
Di Stefanie and finney both stopped playing in the early 60’s. How could you have possible seen them develop from a young age? Which as you pointed out previously when talking about a poster who’d not seen hoddle/Gazza at a young age is the requirement in order to form an opinion. I think you’re on the wind up fella. Have a good evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.