#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relative to age, he is better, imo.

As for Hoddle, a very good passer and read the game well. I'd say Foden is better at everything else. Much better techically. Reading the game will prove with age.

Hoddle two footed, much better passer vision, foot brain, his shooting technique was insane.

Gazza more creative and stronger on the ball. Could really take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Foden is not at their level. Just for the record hoddle argentine team mate ossie ardiles called hoddle Maradona without pace. His technique on the ball was insane.

Hoddle two footed, much better passer vision, foot brain, his shooting technique was insane.

Gazza more creative and stronger on the ball. Could really take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Foden is not at their level. Just for the record hoddle argentine team mate ossie ardiles called hoddle Maradona without pace. His technique on the ball was insane.

Foden is not at their level” - that’s not a fact only an opinion, which I’m not sure I agree with.

Didn’t see Either of them, but At 21 were they as good? Not talking about in their prime

Foden is not at their level” - that’s not a fact only an opinion, which I’m not sure I agree with.

Didn’t see Either of them, but At 21 were they as good? Not talking about in their prime

If you didn't see either of them. How can you judge.

They both played at a different time in the 80,s. When the English league didn't play a passing game.

Hoddle when he went to Marseille really shone under the management of arsene wenger. He was really something else as I said he was like Maradona without pace.

Gascsoiges career because of injuries and alcoholism career was more sporadic.

But more often than not when he played for England he was often their best player.
So much so that opposition players often remarked how the English team were nothing without him.

Its no coincidence that in the two international tournaments he played in.

England got to the semi finals. He was undoubtedly England's most influential and best player since Bobby Charlton.

They both played at a different time in the 80,s. When the English league didn't play a passing game.

Hoddle when he went to Marseille really shone under the management of arsene wenger. He was really something else as I said he was like Maradona without pace.

But more often than not when he played for England he was often their best player.
So much so that opposition players often remarked how the English team were nothing without him.

England got to the semi finals. He was undoubtedly England's most influential and best player since Bobby Charlton.
There’s always something about mad bastards I really like

I like you a lot :)

At 21 no. Gascoigne had just moved to Tottenham and was still very raw but he still did have games where he was unplayable. I think he had only one international cap then.

Gascoigne at 21 was voted in to the first divsion team of the year for Newcastle. Some believe that was the best club season of his career.

He was seen as one of the biggest prospects in the league. He still had yet to get a senior international cap but the competition in midfield was much tougher than now.

Having said that at 21 he was more raw that foden is now and wasn't as developed. So i would say at 21 foden was further ahead in his career but not that much. As for all foden talent he has yet to show he is the star man for England.

He did nothing in the euros for England so he still has a lot to prove at international level.

Hodfle at 21 had just broke in to the the Tottenham team but seen as England's brightest talent. He like gascoigne had yet to win an international cap.

I can’t really judge, but can you really compare those players to foden?

completely different era, player health, different game. Makes more sense to me to compare him to current players, for instance David silva. Was he as good at 21?

Foden has years left and could easily be one of the best players in a generation

I can’t really judge, but can you really compare those players to foden?

completely different era, player health, different game. Makes more sense to me to compare him to current players, for instance David silva. Was he as good at 21?

Foden has years left and could easily be one of the best players in a generation

I am not doubting that he won't be one of the best players in the world. But he has yet to really do it for England against decent competition.

I have yet to see him really impose himself on a game for England like gascoigne did.

I think we won't see the best of foden until he plays in central midfield.

So is difficult to compare him to gazza. But if Southgate starts to play him in midfield then a comparison could more easily be made.

I am not doubting that he won't be one of the best players in the world. But he has yet to really do it for England against decent competition.

I have yet to see him really impose himself on a game for England like gascoigne did.

So is difficult to compare him to gazza. But if Southgate starts to play him in midfield then a comparison could more easily be made.

I get what your saying mate, but foden has barely played for England in a competitive environment. He played the first two games where most of the team was average and then got injured. He’s got another couple of tournaments to impress for England.

I agree he will be better in midfield.

I get what your saying mate, but foden has barely played for England in a competitive environment. He played the first two games where most of the team was average and then got injured. He’s got another couple of tournaments to impress for England.

I agree he will be better in midfield.

I have yet to be convinced that Pep sees him as a midfielder. And unless Pep plays him in midfield Southgate won't.

I do believe that if Southgate sees sense and plays him in midfield. He can be England's best midfielder since Bobby Charlton.

Can't see him surpassing Bobby though. The man played in midfield and was England's top scorer for over 40 years.

One of the most underrated players ever.

Foden has taken games by the scruff of the neck this year and won them himself in several competitions, he starred in a CL run last year scoring against Dortmund and taking the piss out of PSG over two legs. Never mind the several trophies hes already won.

He is playing for the best team in the country week in and week out.

Why do you keep going on about England and international football.
What difference does it make what he does for England and especially under Southgate , who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.