#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people out there rate Saka ahead of our Phil. Try to process this without hurting your brain.

But deary me, he's just a little bit special, isn't he? If he keeps his head in the game he'll go down as one of the true greats.

Those some people are mainly Arsenal fans. Pretty much ever football fan thinks Foden is class including all my United mates.

If Pep doesn't see that cameo and realise Phil has to start and start on the wing for the rest of the big games this season he's lost the plot. That's how you come on and make an impact. It's criminal every time he's on the bench or shunted into the f9 role. I'll be livid if he's not left wing on Sunday.

Some are getting too hung up on what position they'd prefer to see him in every game. Doesn't matter where you play him, there are always going to be matches where he's completely marked out of the game or where we focus on another avenue of attack rather than going through him.

And ‘restricting’ him at false 9 is going to aid that development. He has had the most ridiculously well-rounded football education.

This is the bigger picture, as far as I'm concerned. I reckon he'll end up predominantly in the middle a few years down the line but until then he is getting quality experience in every possible position. It will make him a better player both individually and as a teammate.

You can forget just how young he is sometimes and how much he's already achieved and how he's plays.

In terms of the false 9 debate, I get that people want him in different positions, but I actually think he can thrive the most in the F9 role, especially in system with wingers that stay high. If we had a Leroy type player on the LW and Raz on the RW, and Gundo making those runs into the box, Phil's ability to move around the pitch, pretty much pick a pass out from anyway + his ability on the turn and when facing other players up would absolutely kill the majority of teams.

IMO yes he can be exciting and dynamic on the wings, but I think with a little more time and the right players around him, he could be next level in the F9 role.

Not that it might matter if a certain Norwegian wants to join us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.