47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has been Guardiola'd. Just as Grealish has. It's not jut a coincidence that two players who are fantastic at dribbling with the ball often turn back and play a safe pass after working under Pep. They're clearly doing what they are been told to do to a large extent. Do people actually think Phil really wants to be hogging a touch line out wide most games he starts like he's Steve Guppy?
Guardiola claimed in that spurs post match interview that he wants his team to attack at speed so that would suggest the players aren't listening or the fear of losing possession is hampering their natural instincts.

Guardiola claimed in that spurs post match interview that he wants his team to attack at speed so that would suggest the players aren't listening or the fear of losing possession is hampering their natural instincts.
If Jack's only just overcoming that fear after a season and a half then I kind of get it. He's had a lot of catching up to do in understanding how Pep wants him to play since he joined.

But Phil's been at City since he was a kid and in the first team for years, and he was direct and dynamic for a long time. I'm struggling to understand that he's suddenly started ignoring instructions or being overwhelmed with fear.

Strange - rate Foden over Grealish - but I guess Foden has off-field training issues. Too bad. Hope Foden turns it around.

I watched Saka for Arsenal yesterday, for the last couple of seasons it's been a toss up between him and Phil for an England spot.
On current form Saka is miles ahead of him, I've no idea what Phils problems are but unless he sorts it out he's not only in danger of loosing his City spot, but his England place as well.
Hope he gets back to the player we all hoped he'd become, un playable on his day.

Tbh it’s not rocket science, Foden’s pay went from a “mere” £10k per week to a reported £300k per week, no wonder he seems to have lost focus which I certainly think he has.

I don't know what Foden is anymore and I suspect he doesn't too! He scored a goal 2 seasons ago at Brighton that proved his ability. A decisive and direct 60 yard run at full pace and incredible finish. To be honest I'm not certain, that even at his young age, we will ever see him produce anything remotely like that again.

In short, he's lost his way and shows little sign of wanting to find it.

Last edited:
Foden needs to shape up - he's a fantastic talent. But for Pep not to start him due to fitness issues - speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.