47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better from Phil against Bournemouth , but he still plays too many negative passes , lost count how many times he played the ball back to Akanji in the first twenty minutes , hopefully the goal and assist will help his percieved lack of confidence.
We know Pep loves his possession football and maybe Phil is playing to orders , but he needs to be let of the leash there are few better naturally talented footballers than this lad.
He played a vital part in every goal we scored. Think it was a good game on the whole, and he was prob MOTM

I thought I read somewhere he had 7 keypasses for us in that game which is a record for a city player for a couple of years... kinda surprised me.

Good game from him, just needs to play. I think Pep hasn't ignored him, just that he is cautious with players coming from injury.

RW is a tricky one because Mahrez has been a beast there, but as long as Phil plays somewhere I am happy.

It's pretty simple. No fit and in form Foden, no trophies...When Phil is engaged, flying around, making runs, setting up teammates, and scoring goals City goes up a whole level...just sayin'...

One of the best at drifting in at the far post on the blind side of the defender , he causes havoc , we just need more of it , the signs were encouraging against Bournemouth he now needs a run of games in a set position in the team , and we wll see him at his best.
A big relief because of all the off field unsubstantiated rumours , according to Pep it was just a niggling ankle injury from the World Cup , an in-form Foden could be the difference this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.