47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Alvarez got into some good positions ahead of Phil yesterday and for whatever reason decided not to play it to him but decided to play back or into midfield, otherwise he had a good game.

He was brilliant on the left during that season when there was no fans in the stadium (2020/21?) but I'm starting to think right wing might be his best position going forward.

He was brilliant on the left during that season when there was no fans in the stadium (2020/21?) but I'm starting to think right wing might be his best position going forward.
Yeah he's so limited playing on the left far more comfortable playing as a right-winger

He can play both sides,imo,good to keep the oppennent on their toes
His man of the match performance v villa at Wembley in the LC final was impressive..at one stage I recall he took a cross field ball out of the air wide right and juggled with it ..,effortlessly as he attacked the full back.. absolutely brilliant on his weaker side..
Also,in that season you mention of no fans he scored a cracker from the right wing at Anfield, cutting in on his left foot.
In time..over the years,he must surely take up a central midfield spot for City..and run games,for he has the talent to do this I believe.
I'm happy to see Foden play in advanced positions for now tho,cos his eye for goal is incredible.
The goal on Sat reminded me of Newport away...in the cup..striding through a defence with menace,speed and intent ..going directly for goal,a Killer.

Fodens resurgence is perfectly timed .we need goals from the wings to hunt down Arsenal.

He is our best wide right forward and our best wide left forward. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

The advantage of Phil over our other wide options is the willingness to run in behind. Both Mahrez and Grealish generally want the ball to feet. Mahrez does offer some movement, but Phil is constantly mixing his game up and it makes it much harder for the opposition defence. As a result it naturally gives a bit more space for Haaland and with Alvarez also in the side, there was too much movement and too many options for Bournemouth to cover. It also gives us a lot more energy and workrate pressing the ball.

Last edited:
hope he comes back better than ever. and I agree these days he plays better on the right side where he can come inside onto his strong foot and also play with more dynamism.

The advantage of Phil over our other wide options is the willingness to run in behind. Both Mahrez and Grealish generally want the ball to feet. Mahrez does offer some movement, but Phil is constantly mixing his game up and it makes it much harder for the opposition defence. As a result it naturally gives a bit more space for Haaland and with Alvarez also in the side, there was too much movement and too many options for Bournemouth to cover. It also gives us a lot more energy and workrate pressing the ball.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.