47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't start him tomorrow, but I'd be looking to give him a good 30 minutes so he's available to start against Arsenal, even if he's then subbed off early. A huge boost having him back. His energy levels at both ends of the pitch make such a difference, as does his movement. Gundogan wasn't particularly influential in either game against Bayern so having Phil back gives us the option to stick Bernie central alongside De Bruyne and have Foden wide right. Also means Grealish can have a bit of a rest without us losing as much quality. Good problems to have at this stage of the season.
30 minutes would be the sensible way to integrate he back into the team. I also think that half an hour would be the maximum for Phil after his operation.

Doesn't feel very likely to me that he will start if he's not had any minutes. I would have thought he'd be on the bench and come on early in the second half for someone who needs a breather before Wed.

Doesn't feel very likely to me that he will start if he's not had any minutes. I would have thought he'd be on the bench and come on early in the second half for someone who needs a breather before Wed.
You don’t come on early in the second half by Pep. If he is fit he will start. If not he won’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.