47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not signed his new contract yet! is he waiting till he has a year left and gets what our highest paid players get? Pretty baffling why he hasn’t signed it yet seeing it’s been on the table for coming up to 2 years…

Not signed his new contract yet! is he waiting till he has a year left and gets what our highest paid players get? Pretty baffling why he hasn’t signed it yet seeing it’s been on the table for coming up to 2 years…

I don't think the club can afford to pay him KDB/Halaand wage. Especially if Bernado extends his contract. Bernado's wage will be 25-30k and it will eat up our remaining wage room.

I don't think the club can afford to pay him KDB/Halaand wage. Especially if Bernado extends his contract. Bernado's wage will be 25-30k and it will eat up our remaining wage room.
He isn't that level of player...he's a great young talent but we should NOT be held hostage to a kid that may never fulfill his entire potential. Phil is the same player he was two seasons ago for me. Great talent but still a long way to go.

He isn't that level of player...he's a great young talent but we should NOT be held hostage to a kid that may never fulfill his entire potential. Phil is the same player he was two seasons ago for me. Great talent but still a long way to go.

giphy.gif

Things like that happen if you don’t play in your actual position.

I speculated before Pep made the subs that we could take a defender off and bring another midfielder on but I was thinking of all the scenarios where we take Walker off and cover the right back role. Didn't once consider Cancelo coming off and Foden going to left back!

He actually looked good there because he had more space to work with, obviously very little defensive responsibility helped.

Just watched the highlights of the game (NBC's on youtube - theres a way), his touch and cross for Haaland's header is sublime.

I speculated before Pep made the subs that we could take a defender off and bring another midfielder on but I was thinking of all the scenarios where we take Walker off and cover the right back role. Didn't once consider Cancelo coming off and Foden going to left back!

He actually looked good there because he had more space to work with, obviously very little defensive responsibility helped.

Just watched the highlights of the game (NBC's on youtube - theres a way), his touch and cross for Haaland's header is sublime.
Yes I liked the look of him once he dropped further back as like you said he had more time to use his great touch and awareness. I think I would prefer to see him in centre mid and not left wing once Jack is fit (unless Pep gives Alvarez a start at LW), problem with that how do you leave out Bernie, KDB or Gundo for him? We could shift Bernie to RW I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.