47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imho, Foden and Bernardo are not natural wingers tbh. Neither is Walker a centre midfielder. They manage to their best.

Now your getting the hang of it.
So this form/class malarkey your talking about, is it OK to just have one of them most of the time? As the player in question has no doubt the tools to have a lot of class, but form has been pretty poor for a while(not just this season) and he sits on the edge of games offering glimpses of what we could have far to often.

I don't think he has been poor for a while. He's just not had the same direct impact on scorelines as he did before. The main difference is that his finishing has gotten worse and he's not made two obvious passes in the last two games.

Was he any worse than most of the team today? Not for my money. His control was off a few times and that killed his momentum and stopped him getting a proper run at his man. Other than that it was an alright performance. You'd expect and want better but I don't see how that doesn't apply to pretty much everyone on the pitch.

It is pretty much the same treatment Grealish gets.

He’s not had a brilliant start to the season by any means, should lose his place for the next game imo

Young lad not had the greatest of starts to the season, having a bit of a dip in form and we have fans waiting to jump all over him.
It's all a bit grim.

Think a lot of this criticism is a tad unfair myself. Not as sure about the squaring it this week as the one against bournemouth, and I think there was a decent shout in doing what he did (firing across the keeper) as a lot of the time that gets parried out and haaland would have been there to tap it in, but pope played a blinder today. I actually thought Phil did some tidy stuff today, and there were no doubt others on the pitch way worse than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.